Type: Full Time
Category: Logistics & Operations
Other Categories: Fleet Management ,
Job Level: Senior Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
Financial and Operational
• Manages the company day-to-day operations, assesses risk and safety issues to ensure safe and efficient management of Company’s feet and heavy equipment assets.
• Analyses maintenance costs and provides recommendations on utilization and replacement.
• Tracks fleet usage and maintain accurate inventories of equipment.
• Assists in the development of maintenance budgets by providing input relative to policies, costs, established metrics, and Projections.
• Ensures the maintenance records for all fleet and heavy equipment assets are accurate and up to date.
• Approves and/or processes local purchase orders and invoices
• Provides input to management for establishing appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the department, and is responsible for analyzing and measuring the department’s
• Manages vendor negotiations and vendor performance to contract requirements for the company
• Facilitate and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage staff to achieve company objectives.
• The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as directed by Director.
• Ensures compliance to all policies, procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), with recommendations for action and continuous improvement.
• Provides leadership and exceptive communication to management, employees and other stakeholders.
• Communicates maintenance requirements to ensure maximum eficiency and implement corrective actions as required.
• Holds operational meetings with managers/drivers on a routine basis and as required.
• Prepares regular management reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fleet and Logistics Management or equivalent
• Analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
• Advanced machinery and Mechanical Troubleshooting
• Proven Leadership and strategic
• Excellent negotiation, verbal and written skills (i.e. reports preparation, public speaking, and proposal preparation).
• Knowledge of safety regulations, risk management, and budgeting
• Ability to be flexible, and work under-pressure
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
The post General Manager Job Opportunities at Dar es Salaam appeared first on Ajira Zetu.
The post General Manager Job Opportunities at Dar es Salaam appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.