Head of Sales
Type: Full Time
Category: FMCG, Retail & Wholesale
Job Level: Senior Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible and accountable for developing and executing sales strategies to deliver growth in accordance with the strategic business.
• Works closely with Sales Officers in monitoring daily, weekly and monthly portables sales achievements against target set.
• Plan result-oriented activities like trade activations and formulate strategies on reaching sales targets
• Responsible for providing weekly feedback on sales targets to General Manager to review zone performance and identify gaps where interventions are required.
• Responsible for participating in the identification and assessment of risks, formulating risk mitigating strategies.
• Responsible for sales expansion/planning in the country of operations.
• Responsible for identifying, monitoring and tracking seasonality in the region of operation. Responsible for developing annual budgets based on operational and financial targets.
• Responsible for monitoring the departmental operating budget to ensure expenditure is aligned to approved budget allocation.
• Recruit, train, lead, coach and mentor direct reports and the team to foster personal growth and Take ownership and accountability of adding active distributors.
• Responsible to control sales team attrition and build future pipeline for performers in the team. Should possess skills of identifying and differentiating performers in goal management, and potential and readiness matrix.
• Manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with areas of non-performance
• Bachelor’s degree in business field acquired from a reputable university
• 5 years’ experience in sales and sales management.
• More than 3 years’ experience in the Lake Zone Area
• Proven track record of hitting and exceeding targets and building partnerships.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and team management – give direction, support teams on the ground, make hard decisions and mentor members to attain and surplus growth.
• Multitask oriented, organized, set priorities and meet deadlines and take pride in one’s work.
• Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits.