Activity Research Manager
Position: Activity Research Manager
Position Type: Short Term
Position Location: Tanzania
ME&A is recruiting an Activity Research Manager for the USAID funded Public Sector Systems Strengthening (PS3) activity. The purpose of this Evaluation is to examine the evolution over time of revenue and operational expenditure indicators of the Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and/or health facilities, whether there have been changes in the time trends of revenues and expenditures at about the time of adoption of four public finance management information systems supported by the PS3 activity. The information systems are the Facility Financing and Reporting System (FFARS), PlanRep, Government of Tanzania Health Operations Monitoring Systems (GoTHOMIS), and Local Government Revenue Collection Information System (LGRCIS).
The Activity Research Manager will support the research lead to provide high quality data management and analysis for the evaluation. S/he should possess the technical expertise and experience, professional reputation, and written and oral English language communication and interpersonal skills to fulfill the diverse technical requirements of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively and liaise with national, regional and local government officials;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with USAID and research stakeholders for effective coordination towards results;
- Demonstrated expertise for data mining, cleaning, management and trend analysis of diverse datasets for economic analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to work with several partners to design and implement impact or outcome level evaluations for USAID;
- Demonstrated expert interpersonal skills.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, or other equivalent subjects;
- Ten (7) years’ experience in economic analysis with at least five (4) of which must have been in a lead technical capacity;
- Fluent oral and written English skills.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
Application deadline is 17th January 2020.
The post Job Opportunity at ME&A, Activity Research Manager appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.