JOB TITLE: Managing Director
COMPANY: Disnney International Consultancy
REPORTS TO: DIC – Board
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: Team of consultants and support staff
LOCATION: Coventry, but will be required to work flexibly to respond to the requirements of the role which will involve national travel.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership and commercial services across the broad spectrum of clients ranging from Government, Private to NGOs
- Provide high quality solutions for consultancy clients, informed by and informing Disnney leadership, policy and practice.
- Bring expert knowledge and skill of current practice across the consultancy market, along with insight and vision on future developments across the industry.
- Deliver a financial return to Disnney and contribute to Disney thought leadership, policy and practice.
NATURE OF THE ROLE
As Managing Director the role takes responsibility for the overall success of the business unit and involves supporting the whole team to deliver a successful business. The role requires direct income generation through identifying and leading on specific consultancy business.
The role is responsible for ensuring the business is profitable and involves a sharp focus on creating, winning and delivering consultancy assignments of both a strategic and operational nature to a wide range of clients
The post requires a very pro-active approach, considerable effort and flexible working. As Managing Director, you will pro-actively work for the benefit of the whole team as well as focusing on individual goals. Consult works closely with Disnney commercial services therefore effective internal relationship management skills are essential.
- Fulfil the following key job specific responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement business policy and strategy;
- Work with the Disney teams across the Tanzania to identify and secure opportunities for new and existing clients;
- Direct strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the business;
- Oversee and be ultimately accountable for the development of annual budgets/longer term plans;
- Develop strategic plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities agreed with the Board;
- Maintain an on-going dialogue with the chair of the board
- Put in place effective operational planning and control environment for financial and service delivery;
- Lead consultancy directors and consultancy staff in developing key targets and objectives and ensuring ownership of these;
- Monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Take remedial action where necessary informing the board of significant changes;
- Maintain the operational performance of the business unit;
- Represent and promote the business to major customers, potential customers and professional associations;
- Build, motivate, manage and maintain an effective team of high quality consultants;
- Oversee an effective practice management and business development function.
- Deliver a profitable consultancy offer – personally, through consultancy staff and associates, lead the delivery of high quality consultancy solutions that are well informed, authoritative and implementable. Ensure delivery of this role in a way that promotes the values of the business and good business ethics.
- Develop a strong profile and reputation – within Disney – for delivering high quality consultancy solutions, both on a personal level and for the business as a whole.
- Develop and lead partnerships and associate resources – identify, build and support the capability of partnerships and flexible resources to develop and deliver services for clients. Bring forward high calibre people and organisations to work as part of the offer leading or facilitating teams to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Stakeholder management – build strong relationships and contacts with clients, potential clients, key policy influencers, allied professional institutes, organisations and others to help secure on-going consultancy work for the business.
- Oversee the delivery of an effective business process and control environment, covering proposals, job progression, job completion, billing and payment.
- Work collaboratively with consultancy team – pro-actively identify opportunities for other work streams and ensure the business maximises cross selling referrals to existing and potential clients.
- Disnney Company working – help the development of Disnney generally and identify Research, Training and Consultancy opportunities for income generation and revenue growth of the Company
PERSON SPECIFICATION Essential
• Degree or equivalent level qualification, ideally with a recognised management qualification;
• Ability to drive consultancy business development and strategic planning. It is likely that the post holder will have experience of working in or managing a complex consultancy operation;
• Relevant experience in securing and developing business with various clients across the country.
• Evidence of and/or commitment to rapidly company growth in terms of market share and revenue growth.
• Able to meet the developed performance target
Specific experience, knowledge and skills
• Proven track record in delivering fee earning for strategic training, research and consultancy
• Very strong Marketing skills with proven past experience results
• Able to lead own consultancy stream including leading on consultancy projects
• Strong appreciation and understanding of sensitive financial issues, financial acumen and the ability to apply this to business and operational planning;
• Exceptional understanding and knowledge of how businesses operate, with a record of consistent commercial success and strategic vision; demonstrate commercial and business development skills;
• Strong leadership experience in team and business management and development;
• Ability to effectively communicate with Disnney teams, and clients at all levels.
• Proven track record at an executive level of an ability to think strategically to set or contribute to strategy development and performance management and reporting;
• Experience of building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally, including contract management;
• Manager with exceptional track record of dealing with a broad spectrum of clients;
• Evidence of working with boards and its committees and appreciating the requirements of good governance within the government, private, Charity and Corporate sector;
• Demonstrable knowledge of handling external relations, both communication to a general audience and the enhancement of relations with specific partners;
• Experience of working to strict, demanding deadlines in a pressurised environment; experience of managing critical projects to time, budget whilst ensuring impact and value for money;
• Ability to identify and implement continuous process improvement alongside routine business delivery to ensure effective and efficient services including value for money;
• Strong inter-personal, professional and influencing skills, including contract negotiation and management, and an ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams;
• Strong people management skills and experience in leading, performance managing, motivating and developing professional and administrative staff
• Ability to work in a dynamic and agile work environment at pace whilst maintaining quality of service;
• A strong customer-focus with experience of developing and delivering services that meet or exceed the expectations of customers, both internal and external; Gravitas, confidence and ability to gain credibility at Board level.
· External: Clients, prospective clients, retained consultants, consultancy associates, partner organisations, government & statutory bodies, professional institutes and sector trade bodies, NGOs, Private firms, Internal: All Disnney consultancy and staff.
• Working in an environment which is continually changing and developing, requiring a flexible approach to delivery.
• High level of autonomy to deliver objectives to support Consult to achieve its overall objectives; resolves issues with little need to seek approval.
• Required to work across Consult and Disnney to deliver many cross organisational objectives.
• Working largely independently, whilst supporting a range of key stakeholders, both internal and external which can be demanding.
• Managing a large volume of work and working under pressure to tight deadlines largely on a self serving basis.
• Working in a complex environment of change and balancing a focus on the organisation, team and individual delivery.
• Highly demanding for results from Board Members to meet the agreed targets
How to Apply
The post Managing Director at Disnney International Consultancy – Tanzania appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.