Dar es Salaam
Our client, Vodacom, is looking for a dynamic and visionary leader to join the Board as an independent Non-Executive Director. The key responsibilities includes:
- Providing effective leadership in collaboration with the management team;
- Facilitating setting up of appropriate corporate governance structures for the management of the company’s operations;
- Establishing board committees, policies and procedures that shall facilitate the most effective discharge of the Board’s roles and responsibilities;
- Reviewing and approve Vodacom’s annual budget proposed by the management team;
- Selecting, monitoring, evaluating, compensating, and if necessary replacing the Managing Director;
- Plan for the succession to the position of the Managing Director and Senior Management;
- Reviewing and approve management’s strategic and organization plans, including developing a depth of knowledge of Vodacom, understanding and questioning the assumptions upon which such plans are based, and reaching an independent judgment as to the probability that the plans can be realized;
- Reviewing and approve Vodacom’s financial objectives, plans, and actions, including significant expenditures;
- Ensuring that the key strategic risks of the company are identified and understood, and their on-going status and management effectively monitored;
- Ensuring that appropriate and effective risk management and internal control processes are operating in the company;
- Monitoring corporate performance against the strategic and tactical plans, including overseeing the operating results on a regular basis to evaluate whether the company is properly managed;
- Reviewing and approve material transactions not in the ordinary course of activities at Vodacom;
- Ensuring that there is an effective communication strategy and processes in place, for both external and internal communications;
- Reporting annually to the shareholders as required by Vodacom’s Memorandum and Article of Association; and regularly seek shareholders’ decisions on matters requiring their approval at the general meetings;
- Ensuring ethical behavior and compliance with laws and regulations, auditing and accounting principles, and the company’s own governing documents;
- Assessing its own effectiveness in fulfilling these and other Board responsibilities; and
- Perform such other functions as are prescribed in acts regulating the company’s functions, that is but not limited to: Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA); Capital Markets and Securities Authority (CMSA); Bank of Tanzania (BoT).
- A bachelor’s degree in any finance, marketing, actuarial science, economics, law, ICT, engineering, human resources, or related field. A post graduate qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience as a director of a medium to large size company with business development focus and proven track record of business turnaround;
- More than 5 years’ experience as a board member and of a board committee. Board experience with a listed company would be an added advantage;
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen;
- Be a highly networked individual with ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organization;
- Knowledge of the financial services industry or experience in corporate finance experience will be an added advantage; and
- Not involved in any kind of activity or relationships that could even remotely constitute a material conflict of interest to serve as an independent director.
The post Non-Executive Director Job Opportunity at Dar es Salaam appeared first on Ajira Zetu.
The post Non-Executive Director Job Opportunity at Dar es Salaam appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.