Personal Assistant to the CEO – (2000000603) Job Opportunity at Dar es Salaam, Deadline 25 January 2020
Personal Assistant to the CEO – (2000000603)
Job: Business Support and Management
Primary Location: Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 10/Jan/2020
Unposting Date: 25/Jan/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director and contribute in ensuring timely, effective, efficient and quality service delivery from Executive Office.
The Role Responsibilities
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings;
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office;
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, CMT, Cluster & Regional officers, external stakeholders, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives;
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response;
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff;
• Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated;
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO as assigned;
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on issues / projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
• Take notes or minutes of various meetings and assist to prepare presentations as may be tasked.
• Ensure management and maintenance of documentation and office records;
• Process unit expenses and procurement matters in line with policy requirements;
• Implemented processes and procedures that increased operational efficiency; managed daily functions of the office and premises;
• Ensure adequacy of unit related office supplies;
• Manage availability of Board Room and related scheduling;
• Proactively manage government and regulatory correspondence as per established process;
• Ensure adequate cover in office in absence of PA;
• Maintain an effective record of all key contacts for the CEO’s office.
Senior Management & Board Liaison:
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all leaders;
• Facilitates coordination of travel, accommodation and outreach plans for HR, CABM & Legal unit;
• Liaise effectively with other PA’s on matters such as governance meets, visitors and events management;
• Coordinate governance meetings and engagements chaired by CEO;
• Prepare itineraries of CEO’s regional visitors in collaboration with BPM.
• Ensure driver effectively manages his obligations in a professional manner including: driving safely, adhering to work schedules, maintaining vehicle log as required, maintaining the vehicle cleanliness and road worthiness and dressing appropriately;
• Ensure adequate cover in in absence of driver.
Our Ideal Candidate
• High sense of judgement in handling sensitive information regarding the Bank.
• Ability to assist the Chief Executive Officer achieve his objectives / goals effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to priorities various given tasks and ensuring deliverables are met by working rapidly but accurately and in a timely manner.
• Integrity, pro-activeness and initiative are required on various issues.
• Sound up to date complete knowledge in the relevant packages i.e. Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc is required.
• Good administrative skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good Public Relation Skills.
• Good Presentation Skills.
• Prioritizing the workflow and meetings.
• Decide on how to assist customers and associates of the Chief Executive Officer.
• The job is of a highly sensitive nature.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our
The post Personal Assistant to the CEO – (2000000603) Job Opportunity at Dar es Salaam, Deadline 25 January 2020 appeared first on Ajira Zetu.