Position: Senior Income Generation Officer
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
The Senior Income Generation Officer will be responsible to manage Income generation projects to increase income to beneficiaries through designed programs and practical training to beneficiaries through hired consultant and monitoring the project progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Team management
• To lead, motivate and manage the income generation team in order to meet expected goals.
• Involved in managerial functions to make organization decisions about staffing, budgeting, allocation of resources, and other strategic decisions.
• To prepare and implement annual operational plan and budget of all income generation activities.
• Identify, supervise, and monitor all Income-Generation activities and programs.
• To maximize any new business development opportunities identified across any area which we are working with that could generate additional income to the community.
• To ensure all necessary legal and financial issues around income generation are appropriately fulfilled.
• Meet with project stakeholders on a regular basis and discuss about major issues concern development and business context.
Income Generation and Partnership
• Organize, conduct and coordinate conferences, seminars, workshops and other events for income-generation participant groups.
• Develop and foster networks with other Income-Generation Projects both locally and nationally in order to identify effective approaches.
• Partner with project stakeholders for effectively plan, implement, and monitor income generation activities.
• Schedule and participate in regular meetings with Income Generation group participants and associated beneficiaries.
• To monitor performance on a monthly basis, reporting any areas of concern with a suggested plan of any remedial action that is necessary or any areas of better than expected performance and a suggested plan of how to maximize
• Work closely with other departments to identify vulnerable areas and groups that would benefit from Income Generation activities.
• Prepare and submit timely semi-annual and monthly reports
• Any other related duties as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
• Bachelor Degree in Community Development, Community Economics, Agri business, Business Administration or related field.
• Three (3) years’ work experience on project management, microfinance or income generation activities through agriculture or livestock keeping.
• Experience with NGO is an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills
• An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili.
• Knowledge on Project Cycle Management, Humanitarian Principles and cultural awareness.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Leadership skills, problem solving skills, creativity and innovative in decision making.
• All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline for application is not later than 20th January, 2020.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
The post Senior Income Generation Officer Good Neighbors Tanzania, Deadline January 2020 appeared first on Ajira Zetu.
The post Senior Income Generation Officer Good Neighbors Tanzania, Deadline January 2020 appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.