Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non Governmental and Non profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO has received funding from Fhi360 to implement EpiC project in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council and to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
Job Title: Biomedical Officer – (1 POST) Office location: Shinyanga region
Work station: Shinyanga MC & Shinyanga DC Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 8 Months /renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of EpiC project activities in Shinyanga MC & Shinyanga DC. S/He will work closely with R/CHMTS, Rafiki-SDO and Fhi360 team to ensure high quality CBHTC+, HIVST, PrEP and index testing services (HIV counseling and testing, family planning services, screening and referral for STIs, gender-based violence, TB, alcohol and drug use, linkages and adherence support for HP care and treatment) to clients in their assigned region.
- With the close support from Rafiki-SDO manager and Fhi360 Biomedical Technical Officer and selected CHMT members, lead the district team to develop monthly Operational Plans/Route plans and monthly budget
- Proactively participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure EpiC activities are included in the respective CCHP
- Work with Rafiki-SDO and Fhi360 regional team to develop regional level activities to be included in the EpiC Annual Work plan.
- Liaise with peer educators to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the district level
- Conduct weekly review of the list of index developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conducting index testing have a useable index list
Coordination and Supervision;
- Liaise with the DMO office to obtain the list of Government and Non-government Nurse Counselors to provide biomedical services at the community level in the respective district
- Organize the training/orientation to selected government and non-government providers to be engaged in EpiC project activities and maintain the list of Service Providers working with EpiC.
- Liaise with DACC and the DMO office to obtain commodities, supplies and government registers for HTS and family planning services
- Supervise the district team and ensure monthly planned activities implemented and all Service Providers are reaching their daily and monthly targets. Provide technical support and mentorship to the team to ensure they meet standard of performance as per the government guidelines and project SOPs
- Work closely with the Biomedical Technical Officer and CHMT members to conduct joint supportive field supervision at the district level and ensure the outcomes of the visits clearly documented and recommendations implemented.
- Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the district level to develop a sound referral network from the community to facility and facility to community to ensure all clients identified at the community level linked to facility and all LTFU clients from the facility are traced and linked back to treatment.
- Liaise with LGA, Implementing Partners and other stakeholders and attend meetings as the representative of EpiC project at the district level.
- Ensure all service providers are properly filling government registers as per the SOPs
- Ensure district service providers are reporting their daily performance through agreed channels.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the LGAs and ensure all the filled registers are kept at the facility level
- Participate in biweekly data review meetings with Facility Partners
- Develop monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports
Required qualifications and experience Qualification:
Advance degree in medicine (AMO) or nursing degree required, with additional training in public health desirable
At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in areas of biomedical HIV prevention including for KVP:
HIV care and treatment (required), HIV counseling and testing services, and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
How to Apply
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 2078, SHINYANGA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to email@example.com, via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Shinyanga, Ndembezi ward near Ngokolo RC church.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line.
Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be Tuesday 18thFebruary 2020, 17:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz