The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN – (1 POSITION)
- Installs new biomedical equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance.
- Maintains biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules: conducting tests: following manufacturer’s instructions: troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions: calling for special service; evaluating service contracts: maintaining equipment inventories.
- Evaluates proposed biomedical equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs: placing and expediting orders: verifying receipt.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Diploma in Biomedical from recognized University / College
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in maintenance of Biomedical Equipment
- Having good knowledge on Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biophysics, Electronics, electrical, mechanical and IT.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Be familiar and experienced with JCIA and ISO in terms of application and utilization.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.