Job Description for the position of Chief Executive Officer
Main Purpose of the Job
The position entails the overall management and administration of the Association and the coordination of its activities.
Reporting: Executive Council
Location: Dar, Tanzania
Terms of engagement: Contract
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Secretary to the Executive Council
- Head of the Secretariat
- Oversee all operations of the Association.
- Convene and provide secretariat services to the Executive Council.
- Prepare the Association’s strategic plan, annual program of activities, budget, procurement plan and ensure implementation of activities.
- Ensure optimal utilization and management of all the assets of the Association.
- Implement policies and decisions of the Executive Council
- Fundraising for self-sustainability
- Mobilize required financial, technical and logistical support from development Partners.
- Develop and improve administrative systems of the Association.
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Association.
- Design and deliver service services to members of the Association.
- Promote membership of the Association
- Represent the Association at meetings, conferences, symposia, among others.
- Ensure compliance of the Association with relevant legal requirements and internal policies
- Develop, foster and maintain relationships with local and international partners through engaging proactively with the industry, relevant government departments and other stakeholders.
- Perform such other duties as may be directed by the Executive Council from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree from a recognized higher learning institution
- A minimum of 5 years working experience of which at least 2 years at a senior management position in the a freight logistics industry Possession of training qualification in the freight logistics industry will be an added advantage.
- Possession of other relevant qualifications will be added advantage
Skills and Competences
- Proven knowledge and track record in freight logistics industry.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Strong people engagement, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify opportunities in a changing environment and capitalize on them.
- Adaptability to drive change and transformation, with a proven capability of resolving complex situations.
- Experienced team leader of diverse background with the ability to lead, develop and direct team members to deliver.
- Ability to work under pressure, with strong organizational, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- A person of high integrity.
- Proficiency in computer operations
Interested candidates should note that CEO’s responsibilities require extensive local and international travel
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should send the application in writing including an application letter, current CV, copies of academic qualifications and details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15/02/2020 Or physically send the CVs to
TANZANIA FREIGHT FORWARDERS ASSOCIATION Gerezani Area,Plot No. 75,House No. 31 Behind Railway Club Tel/Fax:+255(0)22 2118153/ 0715 855159
Late applications received will not be considered Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(Visited 1 times, 5 visits today)