The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
- Responsible for control of all parts of the sterilization process including decontamination, prep, pack, sterilize.
- Documentation of sterilization: and
- Sterile storage including remediation of equipment failures and hazards.
- Monitor biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
- Sort mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner.
- Restock, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, and facility medical equipment.
- Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating room and in equipment storage areas.
- Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective equipment. Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Certificate in Nursing Assistant from recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in nursing practice, 1 of which should be in the Operating Theatre or CSSD.
- Be familiar with Infection control module
- Be familiar and experienced with JCIA and ISO in terms of application and utilization.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.