EAST AFRICAN KISWAHILI COMMISSION
The East African Kiswahili Commission (EAKC) is an Institution of the East African Community (EAC) mandated to coordinate and promote the development and use of Kiswahili for regional integration and sustainable development. In order to effectively fulfill this mandate and meet its objectives and planned activities, the Commission seeks applications from qualified persons for the following positions:
DEPUTY EXECUTIVE SECRETARY – P5 (REF: EAKC/HR/2020/02).
Minimum Requirements of the Job
- A Masters’ Degree in a relevant field of Kiswahili from a recognized University.
- A PhD in Kiswahili Studies is an added advantage.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years relevant experience eight (8) of which should be at senior management and/or administrative level;
- Evidence of ability to mobilize and manage resources;
- Developed and successfully implemented Kiswahili projects and programs;
- Demonstrated experience in the promotion of Kiswahili projects and programs;
- Experience in Kiswahili research as evidenced by wide publication profile;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading institutions/programs and; projects involved in promoting Kiswahili.
All potential applicants are advised to visit the EAC and Kiswahili Commission websites: www.eac.int for details of these positions including the required qualifications, duties and responsibilities.
The EAKC is an equal opportunity employer. EAKC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
Applicants from Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, United Republic of Tanzania and Uganda are eligible to apply for the Position of Executive Secretary while applicants from Republics of Burundi, Uganda, South Sudan Kenya and United Republic of Tanzania are eligible for the Position of Deputy Executive Secretary.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above position are advised to send in their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the reference number in your application letter. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
The Executive Secretary, East African Kiswahili Commission Maisara Street P.O. Box 600 Zanzibar, Tanzania Email: email@example.com
The post Deputy Executive Secretary at East African Kiswahili appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.