Head, Sales – Retail Banking – (1900031167)
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 10/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 17/Feb/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Maximize sales performance to achieve given revenue targets (Team) through liability products [Current /Savings Accounts, wealth management products and asset related products (secured, unsecured)
• Generate new business via sales promotions, out-marketing calls and presentations and in-branch contacts
• Participate actively in branch sales planning to generate action plans for meeting targets
• He/She is aware of bank’s Mis-selling & Sales Policies and ensure adherence all the times.
• Ensure high level of customer service in the Team. Manage difficult customer situations
• Ensure compliance with internal and external guidelines and ensure minimal comments in audits and other inspections
• Ensure transactions are processed with a high level of accuracy and commitment in order to satisfy customer needs
• Ensure validity and completeness of transactions processed and ensure concessions relative to exchange rate, fees, charges etc. are authorized/ overridden by appropriate authorities
• Ensure adherence to laid down processes, facilitate first time resolution. Minimize rejections and customer complaints
• Monitor customer satisfaction survey ratings, net promoter score or any other survey/ feedback ratings taken from customers and ensure continuous improvement if below bench-mark, sustain and better quality service
• Take responsibility for general reconciliation and control activities
• Find ways to improve operational efficiency and control costs to meet cost budgets
• Be multi-skilled to handle all kinds of transactions and services in the bank
• Manage growth and attrition of the base, facilitate customer up-streaming. Improve product per customer
• Ensure he/ she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to ORMA, Group Code of Conduct, KYC/CDD/EDD & Money laundering prevention. He/she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer.
• Premises management in areas of merchandising, housekeeping as well as store management. Branch upkeep and maintenance
• Responsible for health and safety for all. As part of the Health and Safety guidelines you should:
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by your actions or your omissions; Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace;
• Ensure that your actions do not put others at risk; Work in a healthy and safe manner;
• Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner;
• Report all accidents and incidents and bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
The post Head, Sales – Retail Banking Job Opportunity at Dar es Salaam, Deadline 17 February 2020 appeared first on Ajira Zetu.