Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non Governmental and Non profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO has received funding from Fhi360 to implement EpiC project in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council and to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
Job Title: Social Behavioral Change Communication and Gender Program Officer (1 Post) Office location: Shinyanga region
Job location: Shinyanga District council Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 8 Months /renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
Duties and responsibilities:
- To make sure that objectives of the EpiC are met
- Promote Community engagement and strengthen District, ward and Village Capacity to implement community level activities.
- Promote positive health seeking behavior and conduct behavioral change communication sessions
- Strengthen the capacity of the community structures to co-ordinate and implement quality activities of the EpiC in addressing HIV prevention issues
- Collaborate with M&E officer to prepare periodic, field , monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Provide capacity building and monitoring of peer educators, Empowerment Workers on HIV/AIDS and other sessions as required
- Ensure other EpiC interventions are promptly communicated to various stakeholder groups in the community
Degree in Public Health, Social Work and Gender issues and Development or other related degree from recognized institutions, Additional training in community health, public health, community mobilization, counseling are of added advantages.
Required experience and skills
- 3 years working experience in HIV interventions or other health services.
- Community health experiences and capacities.
- Ability to build relationship with Vulnerable Adolescent Girls and Young Women at community levels.
- Able to work with Health facility staff, Peer Educators and empowerment Workers at different district council levels.
- Computer literacy is highly required.
- Able to relate gender norms, social & culture and HIV/AIDS in addressing their challenges accordingly.
- Able to timely collection, compilation and analysis data as required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 2078, SHINYANGA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to email@example.com, via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Shinyanga, Ndembezi ward near Ngokolo RC church.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line.
thFebruary 2020, 17:00 PM.
The post Social Behavioral Change Communication and Gender Program Officer at Rafiki-SDO appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.