Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non Governmental and Non profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO has received funding from Fhi360 to implement EpiC project in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council and to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
:Job Title: Social Economic Empowerment Officer (SEEO) – (1 Post) Office location: Shinyanga region
Job location: Shinyanga Municipal council Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 8 Months /renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
- Work closely with Program Manager to ensure overall planned project activities are implemented timely and outcome focused.
- Work closely with program manager to ensure Empowerment Workers are accountable in the manner that ensures all deliverables are delivered to savings groups with efficiency and timely.
- Work closely with empowerment workers to link AGYW to microfinance institutions for financial literacy training and organize income generating activities (IGAs) and savings groups · Writing reports for every activity and share with program manager timely · Review data report and provide guidance.
- Reviewing and sharing reports written by Empowerment workers and share to Program manager
- Ensure roll out of BCC training to AGYW before joining savings groups
- Ensure government authorities’ engagement in the project and sharing with them some reports as per directives and MoU signed.
- Ensure timely preparation of financial retirement with all necessary source of evidence to be shared with Accountant with focus on every incurred expense during project implementation
- Other responsibilities as will be assigned for the betterment of the EpiC project and Rafiki-SDO as well
Degree in Social work, Sociology, Rural Development, Community Development and other related degree program from recognized institutions.
Required skills and experience:
- At least with 3 years of experience in managing health based project with focus on HIV/AIDS, FP, STIs and SRHE and other KvP Proven knowledge on AGYW and Gender based violence.
- Experience in economic strengthening activities especially to AGYW
- Proven skills on Gender and women focused rights and policies
- Experienced in implementing project with focus on Key Vulnerable Population(KVP) Ability to manage team and meet deadlines which are results based
- Flexibility and ability to copy with multi-cultural/behavioral practices
- Proven records of good relationship with co staff, facilitation, team building and coordination skills will be added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Readiness to work under pressure, ability to work under minimum supervision and willingness to work overtime for project prosperity
- Computer literacy is highly required ie word, excel, internet, power point
How to Apply
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 2078, SHINYANGA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to email@example.com, via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Shinyanga, Ndembezi ward near Ngokolo RC church.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line.
Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be Tuesday 18thFebruary 2020, 17:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz
The post Social Economic Empowerment Officer (SEEO) at Rafiki-SDO appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.