Chief of Party
We are now accepting applicants for the position of Chief of Party, Water and Irrigation Lead for an assignment lasting up to five years, based in Dar es Salaam or Morogoro, Tanzania, with travel within the country.
This project, the USAID/Tanzania Infrastructure Support Activity (TISA), has the objective of providing professional architecture and engineering (A&E) technical services to assist USAID/Tanzania on its multi-sector infrastructure portfolio. The professional engineering consulting services support USAID/Tanzania, Power Africa, and the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) infrastructure priorities in the areas of: transportation, and water/irrigation projects.
- Ensure adherence to the goals and objectives (e.g., scope, schedule, and budget) of the project contract with USAID
- Overall project management and direction of the entire CDM Smith team and sub-consultants as well as coordination and cooperation with support staff from the home office
- Ensure that the team pro-actively manages the overall schedule (constrained within the project time frame)
- Abide by CDM Smith’s quality management program (QMP) and anti-corruption policy (ACP)
- Regular and accurate (progress and financial) reporting to USAID, CDM Smith and the local beneficiary agencies as required by the Contract with USAID
- Effective cooperation, coordination, collaboration and communication with USAID, funding agency, as well as other local government officials, private entities, non-governmental organizations, other donors, and community-based groups as required by the Contract with USAID
CDM Smith Employment Type
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar degree from an accredited university and related to the scope of this assignment.
- Professional Engineering registration (or international equivalent)
- At least 15 years’ professional experience, with at least five (5) years of project management/leadership experience for teams of sizes larger than five (5)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience on projects related to oversight of power, transportation and/or water/irrigation projects in developing countries – with a preference for countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience on USAID-funded projects and as a USAID Chief of Party or other key personnel leadership position a definite plus
Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location
Tanzania – Morogoro
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required