The Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA) was established by the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Act of Parliament No.1 of 1994 revised edition Cap 82 of 2006. The overall objective of establishment of VETA is to oversee the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system in Tanzania. It is charged with the responsibilities of promoting, coordinating, providing, regulating and securing adequate and stable financing of the VET system in the Country.
VACANT POSITIONS TO BE FILLED THROUGH TRANSFER
VETA has sixty eight (68) vacant posts to be filled by transfer of Public Servants and invites applications from competent and qualified public servants to be considered for immediate transfer to VETA to fill the following vacant posts. Successful applicants should be ready to work in any VETA owned Centers in the country. The vacant posts are as listed below:-
COOK II 16 POSTS
Duties and responsibilities
- To inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices;
- To observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked properly;
- To prepare food/meals;
- Take care of kitchen utensils; and
- To perform any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her Supervisor.
Qualification and experience
Holder of CSE or ACSE who has successfully completed a Certificate in Basic Medium course in Food Production, Cookery, Home Economics or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with VETA Salary Scale.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR TRANSFER
- All applicants must be Public Servants of not more than 45 years of age;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach certified copies of transcripts and academic, professional and birth certificates;
- Attaching result slips, testimonials or partial transcripts without academic and professional certificates is strictly not accepted;
- Applicants should route their application letters through their respective current employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be verified and evaluated by the relevant Authorities in Tanzania;
- Applicants with special needs are supposed/required to state the nature of their disability;
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover transfer costs upon being successful; and
- All applicant are advised to indicate their salary check numbers.
How to Apply
Signed application letters should be written either in Swahili or in English and addressed to:
Director General, Vocational Educational and Training Authority, P. O. Box 2849, Dar es Salaam.
Deadline for application is 20thApril, 2020.