About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP):
ASAP is funded through an IDIQ led by IntraHealth and partnering with Pact. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
SUMMARY OF ROLES:
ASAP is seeking a Capacity Development Director (CDD) to champion capacity building activities for local organizations in Africa. The Capacity Development Director will oversee technical assistance for local partners to build their capacity in areas related to organizational and administrative management of USAID and PEPFAR funded activities and institutional strengthening. The CDD will work with consortium partners, service providers and consultants to measure and provide capacity development activities.
- Lead the technical approach and delivery of ASAP’s capacity building activity for organizational strengthening for USAID local partners and host country governments in Africa.
- Provide state-of-the-art technical guidance and assistance to consortium members, USAID missions and local partners, host-country governments, consultants on organizational development, USAID award management and PEPFAR performance management.
- Coordinate baseline and follow-up organizational assessments using the Non-US Pre-Award Survey (NUPAS), NUPAS Plus with local NGOs; PFMRAF and PFMRAF lite with Host-Country Governments and other tools as necessary.
- Oversee development, implementation and monitoring of Capacity Development Plans for organizational strengthening for local partners and host-country governments.
- Oversee the use of other organizational capacity assessment tools (OCA, Sustainability Index…) with local organizations to inform and enhance capacity building activities.
- Oversee support to local partners for Leadership and Governance for Board of Directors and Senior Management on sustained organizational development.
- Collaborate with ASAP M&E Director on metrics, monitoring and measurement of organizational development against benchmarks and support a learning agenda.
Financial Management/Compliance/Audit Readiness
Collaborate with ASAP Finance and Operations Director to provide TA to local partner organizations on financial management, accounting and control systems, compliance with US StandardProvisions for Non-US NGOs and risk management and audit readiness in compliance with OIG guidance on Audits for Foreign Recipients and Standard Provisions for Non-US NGOs and Audits for Foreign Recipients and Standard Provisions for Non-US NGOs.
Sub-award and grants management:
Collaborate with ASAP Finance and Operations Director and M&E Director to provide TA to local partners related to grants management, including proposal solicitation procedures, selection, workplan development, oversight, monitoring performance and incorporating capacity building activities into workplans.
Sustainability and Business Development:
Oversee TA to local partners in developing local sustainability strategies including stakeholder/donor networking, relationship building, resource mobilization and proposal writing.
- Collaborate with the M&E Director to provide TA to Local Partners in complying with PEPFAR and USAID planning and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and provide TA on sustained organizational performance improvements and support development, documentation and dissemination of lessons learned in organizational capacity development.
- Must have a Masters’ Degree plus 10 years of experience in Business Administration, Organizational Development, Public Health, or related field.
- Must have served as Senior Leadership position on a PEPFAR/USAID-funded project in Africa.
- Experience in assessing organizational capacity and providing capacity building activities.
- Experience interacting with Local Organizations and Host Country Governments on capacity building.
- Deep knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to capacity development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with domestic and international colleagues
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative and delivering high quality products on time.
- Ability to multi-task handling multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritizing assignments.
- Experience with IT and digital health for capacity building.
- Prefer second language with French or Portuguese.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel internationally 25% of the time is required (typically trips are 2-3 weeks in duration)
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @:http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
The post Job Opportunities at IntraHealth International, Inc appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.