Enabel, the Belgian Development Agency, through Water Sanitation and Kigoma Region Project (WASKIRP) intends to make a grant to a non-governmental organization to carry out hygiene activities in 15 villages in 6 districts of Kigoma for a period of eighteen (18) months, including end-line evaluation and closure processes. WASKIRP is a five-year project being funded by the Government of Belgium and is implemented by the Ministry of Water.
The specific objective of the project is to increase access to safe drinking water and reduce burdens related to water and sanitation in rural communities, especially among women and youth, through sustainable interventions in water supply and hygiene education. To achieve this, the project is constructing and rehabilitating water supply systems in the targeted villages. It is building the capacity of community-based water supply organizations to manage the water supply services. The project now seeks to embark on improving hygiene practices at household level in respective of: a) water collection, b) transport to point of use, c) storage d) use e) hand-washing and f) latrine use. It is in this context that Enabel, seeks to identify an NGO with experience in implementing hygiene and sanitation promotion in rural areas.
Interested NGOs which could be local or international or a partnership of both, should submit their expression of interest of not more than 10 pages excluding appendices. The Expression of Interest should contain but not limited to the following:
- Background of the organization(s) which should include experience in carrying out hygiene promotion activities in rural communities.
- Governance and organizational structure; experience and qualifications of key professional staff of the organization.
- Overall organizational budget and allocation for hygiene and sanitation promotion activities for the past three years.
- Certified copy of original Audited Account Statement for the last three years; and latest annual report.
- Approach of how the organization(s) will implement the project, and more crucially, what activities will be carried out for how long
- Demonstration of the organization’s capacity in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- An estimated budget for the intervention and indication of what contribution the organization is willing to make including, cash and/or in kind.
Organizations that have a direct presence or have implementing partnerships in Kigoma region and demonstrate experience in implementing similar interventions will have an added advantage. Those that seek to establish new partnerships to implement this intervention are encouraged to do so.
The grant will not exceed €300,000.
Please note that all estimated budgets should exclude purchase of vehicle(s). Enabel will provide a vehicle to be used for implementing the activities.
Project Manager – Advisor Rural Water Supply
Lake Tanganyika Basin Water Board,
P.O. Box 24, Kigoma
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +255 743 736 554
Please note that this notice is for expression of interest only and does not constitute a solicitation. Enabel reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time. Makin a submission does not guarantee consideration to participate in the solicitation. All submissions will be reviewed and only shortlisted organizations will receive documents calling for proposals.