Grants Coordnator, Kibondo, Kigoma, Tanzania
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Field location: Kibondo, Tanzania
Office: NRC Kibondo, Tanzania
Closing date: Tuesday, 12 May 2020
Grants Coordnator (Internal Candidate only )Tanzania National
Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for Grants Coordinator base at Kibondo ,Kigoma
The purpose of the Grants Coordinator position is to provide essential grant management support to HoP and AM in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC COs strategy and PoA for Tanzania
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships
Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: Grants Coordnator (Internal Candidate only )
Employment type: Permanent position
Percentage of full-time: 100
Duties and responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database – forthcoming)
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reportsBe updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems including information management systems and M&E Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports
- Contribute to PCM trainings and usage of the NRC PCM frame work in the CO as delegated by the Head of Programme Support external donor audits
- Represent with relevant partners and donors as delegated
- Ensure key controls and tools are in place and maintained daily to support effective management of the funding portfolio and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure copies of donor concept notes, proposals, contracts and reports are correctly filed on NRC’s filing system and also kept in hard copy.
- Work with CC focal points to support implementing partners with reviewing of budgets, expenditure, donor rules and regulations, and implementation progress through grant opening, grant review and grant closing meetings with implementing partners, following NRC PCM guidelines
- 5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise in refugees and IDPs contexts
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Planning and delivering results Managing resources to optimize results Influencing & federating partners and teams Handling insecure environments
We can offer
Duty station:Kibondo Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension. Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The post Job Opportunity at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) – Grants Coordnator appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.