Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at Save the Children Tanzania 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Nutrition Project Officer- Morogoro
TEAM/PROGRAM: Programme Implementation LOCATION: Morogoro,
POST TYPE: National
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Save the Children seeks one Nutrition Project Officer for a USAID-funded Multi-sectoral Nutrition Activity in Tanzania. The Nutrition Officer will be supporting the Nutrition Coordinator in planning, coordination, and technical implementation of innovative integrated nutrition and social behaviour change communication (SBCC) activities in the target districts. The Nutrition Officer will build capacity of relevant stakeholders at districts, health facilities and communities in nutrition throughout project implementation. The Nutrition Officer will also work closely with the MEAL and Livelihood coordinators to ensure progress is achieved towards nutrition targets. S/he will establish and maintain close and effective liaison with government partners at LGAs and communities to facilitate flow of information, reports and updates including staying abreast of current trends.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Save the Children has been operational in Tanzania since 1986 providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered in support of Government of Tanzania priorities and policies both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, Health & nutrition and emergency response. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined programmes of SCUK, SCUS, SC Sweden to create a single operation in Tanzania. We currently have an operational presence in Morogoro, Dodoma, Singida, Rukwa, Iringa, Shinyanga, Zanzibar, Songwe, Kigoma and Dar es Salaam and we work through partners in other parts of the country.
Reports to: Nutrition Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Nil
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• In collaboration with Nutrition Coordinator, livelihoods, SBC Advisor and MEAL Coordinator lead in the implementation, monitoring and adaptation of nutrition sensitive agriculture, and SBCC activities to improve the knowledge, attitudes and practices of caretakers on nutrition, WASH practices and services at household and community level.
• Provide technical support through coaching and mentorship for quality implementation of nutrition services at health facility level
• Work in collaboration with other stakeholders to integrate nutrition in to quality improvement initiatives at health facilities
• Draft activity monthly and quarterly reports on nutrition related activity
• Establish and maintain solid collaboration with target relevant LGA departments and staff during planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of nutrition related activities at health facility and community level.
• Provide support to village leadership and committees, community promoters/CHWs to ensure quick and sustainable uptake of improved nutrition behaviours
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
a. Provide timely and accurate written and verbal reporting.
b. Contribute to project strategic planning and to well-written, focused project reports, annual implementation plans, success stories and other written products.
c. Ensure high quality project implementation, monitoring and reporting.
d. Make regular field visits to monitor project quality and collect data.
e. Collaborate with MEAL staff to ensure that collection and analysis of data is accurate, rigorous and incorporated into project implementation.
f. Coordinate with Nutrition and livelihood Project Coordinator’s in work planning, implementation
g. Serve as a nutrition focal point for LGAs, community and other implementing stakeholders at district level,
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
• Commitment to Save the Children values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant field experience with an international organization in nutrition programming.
• Strong technical grasp of nutrition and strategies to prevent chronic and acute malnutrition.
• Familiarity / experience with the start-up, management and implementation MCHN and preferably WASH activities, including the formation and training of Care Groups.
• Demonstrated success in providing hands-on training and technical assistance to Care Groups, CSOs, and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in project and time management.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English required.
• Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
• Experience in applying knowledge of the design, implementation and best practices for behaviour change models for gender-sensitive nutrition, nutrition, and WASH programming.
• Significant knowledge of agriculture, food security, nutrition and gender issues in target project Regions of Tanzania.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations and independently.
• Familiarity and understanding of donor policies and procedures is a plus.
Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Date of issue: April 1st 2020
Location: Tanzania, United Republic of
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Apr 20, 2020