Location: Matambwe, Nyerere National Park
Reports to: Deputy Project Leader, Selous Conservation Project
FZS Vision in Tanzania:
FZS is committed to maintaining biodiversity and conserving wildlife and ecosystems in protected areas and outstanding wild places of the Serengeti, the Selous and the Mahale ecosystems in partnership with the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism.
Specific functions of the Workshop Foreman include: –
1. To inspect vehicle engines and mechanical components, and simple electrical problems, to diagnose issues accurately, troubleshooting when a problem cannot immediately be resolved, repair as needed to high standards;
2. To conduct routine maintenance of vehicles to ensure vehicle functionality, and longevity and advise project leadership accordingly;
3. To conduct preventative maintenance when needed;
4. To receive information of all field vehicles concerning maintenance or reports on any issues that arise;
5. To ensure smooth transfers of breakdowns, or vehicles that need maintenance;
6. To be able to fully overhaul Toyota Land Cruiser and Land Rover engines and fully repair/overhaul gearboxes to a high level of quality, and in clean conditions;
7. Prioritize, plan and deploy garage staff to visit other sectors to conduct service/maintenance ensuring that routine maintenance schedules are adhered to;
8. Advise project management/leadership on long term fleet viability, e.g. when vehicles need to be replaced;
9. Carefully plan expenditure of available project budget to ensure that quantities of spares in the workshop store are adequate to maintain routine works;
10. Work closely with PL / DPL to maintain garage expenditure within available budgets and advise/develop future budgetary requirements;
11. Work with a high level of integrity, pride and discipline;
12. Supervise the work of workshop employees including Mechanics, Auto electrician and drivers in order to ensure that the work ethics of integrity, pride and discipline are instilled in all of the team members;
13. To ensure that all workshop working environment is kept clean and clear at all times, including the overhaul facility;
14. To ensure that all Project tools and equipment are well looked after, kept secure and used responsibly;
15. To ensure that all safety regulations are adhered to and regularly remind the mechanics of the importance of safety;
16. To provide regular reports and feedback to the DPL for all maintenance works;
17. Provide technical advice on procurement of new patrol vehicles and spare parts;
18. Provide advice to Project Leadership about a reputable workshop or suitable technician when works are required that are beyond the capabilities of the Matambwe workshop;
19. To ensure job cards have been opened for all maintained and checked vehicles, in order to maintain proper records;
20. To ensure all vehicle records are maintained, and servicing is kept up to date;
21. To ensure the careful and correct use of all spare parts received from the Spares Store;
22. Maintain responsive, open and professional relationships with project leadership, project employees and partners.
Successful applicants must be reliable, team player, organized and of high level of integrity, capable to reason when handling pressure in technical problems.
The person holding position of Workshop Foreman must have:
1. A minimum qualification on motor Vehicle Mechanics technician with trade Test Grade One Certificate from VETA or equivalent qualification;
2. At least form four level of Tanzania education system;
3. At least five years’ experience of working as a mechanic in a reputable garage or company and must have a proved knowledge of operating electronic Engine Diagnosis Machine;
4. A valid driving license;
5. The ability to work independently and rectify faults in various vehicle types;
6. Leadership ability and flexibility in working hours;
7. The ability to manage and motivate staff;
8. Good communication and interpersonal skills in Kiswahili and English language; and
9. Computer literate – knowledge in Fleet Management System will be an added advantage..
Interested applicants should send their applications with all required supporting documents to be received before or by 15th of April 2020 at 15.30 hours.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
FZS is looking for a Workshop Foreman for the Selous Conservation Project in Nyerere National Park (NNP). The Workshop Foreman will take the lead and be responsible for auto mechanics works at Matambwe Garage. The position ensures that the garage is efficiently maintained, and that patrol and project vehicles are repaired and available for field duties
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications to email@example.com
The post Workshop Foreman at Frankfurt zoological Society – Tanzania – NAFASI ZA KAZI appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.