Public Health Nurse
Public Health Nurse Needed!!!
AMI is a leading provider of medical and specialized healthcare services, providing clients with
sustainable health and medical solutions. AMI is seeking the services of a Registered Nurse with Public
Health background and knowledge of outbreak investigations including case detection and contact
tracing. The Registered Nurse is recruited as a surge personnel to form part of our COVID-19 Response
Duties And Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) or his designate, the incumbent will perform disease surveillance activities related, but not limited, to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
- Collect and Analyze COVID-19 epidemiological data using statistical measures.
- Extract epidemiological health data from the medical records of mission medical treatment facilities.
- Train and lead the team of medical staff and volunteers that will conduct routine contact tracing.
- Investigate suspect/confirmed cases of COVID-19 and ensure that comprehensive contact tracing is conducted.
- Monitor epidemiological trends within the host country and region including surveillance activity reports for necessary adjustments of mission control measures.
- Report to the office of CMO the results of investigations, special studies, and surveillance.
- Collect epidemiological data for the surveillance of specific diseases of Public Health importance and other health conditions.
- Arrange for the cooperative use of epidemiological data with local and regional health authorities, other agencies, and organizations.
- Work with other health personnel and relevant mission stakeholders for resolution of public health problems.
- Conduct/participate in training and mentoring of medical staff in surveillance activities.
- Participate in the development and review of reporting formats for COVID-19.
- Participate in the development of a risk communication strategy for COVID-19.
- Participate in the development and review of mission COVID-19 preparedness and respons plans including relevant SOPs.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the CMO or his designate.
- Ability to work in a professional, responsible, and timely manner while safeguarding medical confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a multinational environment.
- Ability to manage small teams with minimal supervision.
Minimum Education Qualification Requirements The Prospective Candidate,
- Must be a fully qualified Registered Professional Nurse with an accredited Baccalaureate Nursing
- Program in a University (3 or 4 years) OR accredited Diploma Program (4 years) after High School.
- Must have completed a Diploma or certificate program in Public Health.
- Must have at least three (x 3) years of continuous experience in general Nursing or management of Public health programs.
- Must be currently certified and registered to practice Nursing in his/her own country or another UN member state. License validity should cover the deployment duration.
- Relevant experience in occupational, tropical, and travel medicine is an advantage.
Minimum of three (x 3) years of experience in Nursing with a bias on Public Health programs such as management of epidemic outbreaks.
Fluent in English; excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in reviewing
and editing documents.
Word processing, spreadsheet, database development, and management.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The post Job Opportunity at AMI Expeditionary Healthcare, Public Health Nurse appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.