New Job at Danish Refugee Council (DRC) – Hygiene & Safety Protection Assistant | Deadline: 11th May, 2020
AJIRA MPYA AFRIKA MASHARIKI 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Hygiene & Safety Protection Assistant
Job title: Hygiene Promotor Project Assistant-GFD
Employment category: E, L1
Reporting to: Team Leader- GFD
Technical line manager: GFD Project Manager
Direct reports: N/A
Location: Nduta/ Mtendeli
Deadline: 11th May, 2020
Authorization level: N/A
Overall purpose of the role: (1-2 sentences)
The Hygiene Promoter Project Assistant -GFD is responsible for maintaining a direct line management of Cleaner incentive workers in Nduta / Mtendeli Camps, providing overall management and coordination at assigned Food Distribution Point (FDP) in addition to completing timely weekly reports.
Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Organize implementation of Hand washing campaigns in project target populations.
- Ensure that water and soap is being provided for the hand washing.
- Ensure that that the FDPs are clean including the rubbish being burnt at all times.
- Responsible to train communities on good hygiene and sanitation practices (hold hygiene promotion sessions).
- Supervise and work hand in hand with the cleaner incentive workers.
- Plan activities according to the expected progress of the project based on program work plan (monthly plan and weekly).
- Participate in food coordination and camp meetings and reporting achievements/constrains.
- Undertake hygiene promotion campaign and other behavior change communication within the POCs.
- Able to understand solid and liquid waste managements within the FDPs of Nduta and Mtendeli camps.
- Participate and support the communities and the beneficiaries undertaking hygiene campaign in the project area
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as protection, gender, environment, PSEA are addressed and mainstreamed in the project.
- Keep daily record of materials used in the field.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Able to maintain cordial relations with other stakeholders like WFP, UNHCR, Plan international HelpAge international, MHA, zone leaders, food management committees, beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders/partners.
- Ensure efficient coordination with stakeholders relevant to the implementation of GFD project, including other humanitarian and development actors in the area.
- Experienced in the general food distribution and for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience in hygiene promotion minimum(2years)
- Work experience with local communities, children and vulnerable people
- Experience in community mobilization and participation
Additional job responsibilities
- Identify and inform the team leader /officer of any problems or constraints
- Participate in weekly report writing
- Provide support to the all program staff in the implementation of program activities.
- Submit reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the Team leader /Information management Assistant
- Organize for implementation of Hygiene & Sanitation campaigns
- Support program staff in collecting data and reports per project needs.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Hygiene, community development or related to the field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Help Age International
- Plan International
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)