The Cedar Foundation Tanzania (“Cedar Tanzania”) is a locally registered NGO with a simple mission: To help communities help themselves.
This mantra underpins our work across multiple sectors, ranging from healthcare provision and education to community empowerment and entrepreneurship.
Established in 2014, we have since been implementing a number of community projects to improve the live and well-being of the people living in Nyamatongo Ward, Sengerema District, Tanzania (Lake Victoria).
Our flagship project is the construction and operation of Kamanga Health Centre, which opened in January 2018.
Logistics and Administration Assistant at D-tree International June, 2020
At Cedar Tanzania, you will join a team of motivated and diverse individuals, and work closely with team members across all levels and functions, becoming an integral part of our commitment to changing the lives of the most vulnerable people in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Cedar Foundation Tanzania – Changing Lives!
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the management of Cedar Tanzania’s current project portfolio as well as for the design of new projects in line with the organisation’s strategy and focus areas.
You will closely plan project activities and interventions with a team of field officers who are implementing the activities on the ground. You will support the field team in their daily operations, monitor, evaluate and report on project success and closely oversee project budgets and timelines.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about community development, able to adapt quickly in a multicultural team and shows a supportive and respectful attitude towards the team and community members alike.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Management of Cedar Tanzania’s project portfolio (currently five ongoing projects and two in the developing stage), translating project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans including preparing related work plans/GANTT charts, conducting risk analysis, etc.
- Line managing of the Cedar Tanzania field team (currently three members), providing support and directing their daily activities to ensure effective implementation of project activities, and building their capacity.
- Implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Assessment and Learning (MEAL) activities.
- Creating and maintaining oversight of projects budget, timelines and quality assurance.
- Writing of project reports for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Development of new projects in line with Cedar Tanzania’s focus areas.
- Involvement in the development of project and communication strategies.
- Support the grant-writing team with project relevant info, providing technical support and communication activities where needed.
- As project descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the Project Manager may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience (preferably in a developing country).
- Degree in International Development or other relevant field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and good command of Microsoft Office.
- Thematic experience in relevant field (e.g. public health, SRHR, entrepreneurship, gender equality, WASH).
- High level of intercultural competence and communication skills.
- Highly team- and solution-oriented, flexible and creative.
- Leadership and people management skills desired.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work experience in a multicultural, purpose-driven and dynamic team.
- Insights into a Tanzanian grass-roots organisation with close ties to the local community.
- Swahili lessons and the opportunity to partake in trainings benefitting your professional development.
- 28 days of annual leave plus TOIL for extra time.
- Flexible working hours and working from home opportunities (where applicable).
To apply, please submit your letter of motivation, updated CV, and other relevant documents (if any) to email@example.com until July 06, 2020.
In the body of the email, please specify your available start date.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
The post Job Opportunity at Cedar Foundation, Project Manager – NAFASI ZA KAZI appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.