Head of technical for education
Chemonics seeks a head of technical for education for an anticipated multi-year, DFID-funded education programme in Tanzania. Shule Bora seeks to improve quality, inclusiveness, and safety of learning for all 11.5 million girls and boys in government pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. In addition to providing support to government systems at the national level, Shule Bora will provide additional focused support to an estimated 4.4 million children in nine regions. The head of technical for education will be responsible for the theories of change for each of the four outcome areas (learning, disability, girls’ education, and school safety) and oversee the design, development, and technical quality of project interventions under Component C of the project (Support Tanzanian government to test, adapt and deliver interventions at scale). The position will be based in Dodoma and will require some travel to other parts of Tanzania. The project is expected to start in March 2021 and conclude in March 2027. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a
- Support the team leader in the day-to-day management of the programme as part of the senior management team
- Manage the technical leads based in Dodoma and subcontractors for the four outcome areas: learning, disability, girls’ education, and school safety
- Lead monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning, as well as communications staff, in a matrixed system, with a focus on adaptive management
- Act as the team lead in their absence
- Oversee the design and updates to theories of change for each of the four outcome areas
- Lead the identification, design and development (alongside the independent learning and evaluation service provider) of new intervention proposals under Component C of the project based on evidence and taking into account a “Whole School Development +” approach, considering interventions at the teaching, community, and management levels, as well as the use of data
- Identify technical assistance needs, develop suitable scopes of work, and recruit staff and consultants for new project interventions under Component C
- Oversee staff and consultants delivering specific Component C project interventions and ensure technical quality assurance and improvement; ensuring technical outcomes and deliverables
- Work with other members of the senior management team to provide learning and evidence to the Tanzanian government on how to achieve the outcome areas affordably and at scale, while delivering results and reforms in the outcome areas.
- Work with other members of the senior management team and the Tanzanian government to identify and implement system-level reforms for more effective teaching; school, district and regional planning and management; community engagement; use of data; and reforms relevant to advancing the outcomes for girls’ education, disability, and school safety
- Participate in key strategic reviews of the project
- Work with the senior management team to identify most relevant Tanzanian government partners for design and delivery of project interventions and how much to channel through Tanzanian government budgeting and planning processes
- Work with the senior management team to manage relationships and share learning and insights with DFID and other donor-funded programmes
- Manage communication and agreements with Component C subcontractors; providing monitoring of technical deliverables and compliance with Chemonics and DFID regulations
- Ensure that lessons learned contribute to achievement of payment for results (PforR) and project adaptation
- Manage inputs from subcontractors who are leading on specific outcomes and other elements of the work plan
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, international development, project management, or a related discipline required. Advanced degree in relevant discipline is preferred
- At least eight years of professional experience managing or providing technical oversight for large (£15 million), complex projects in developing countries, including at least four years as a team leader, chief of party, project manager, deputy team leader, or deputy chief of party, ideally for a DFID-funded project
- Experience leading large teams and managing programmes that achieve results, with a focus on adaptive management and technical implementation
- Proven project-management skills, ideally with a project-management qualification
- Experience collaborating and building partnerships with host-country governments, U.K. government agencies, donor agencies, and international organisations
- Extensive knowledge and experience working on donor-funded education programmes
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports
- Experience in Tanzania or East Africa required
- Demonstrated leadership skills, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://chemonicsuk.formstack.com/forms/tanzania_shule_bora_head_of_technical.
No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://ift.tt/2X3GIQK.
The post Job Opportunity at Chemonics, Head of technical for education appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.