Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Requisition ID: req9221
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Ensure the implementation of the HR Policies and Procedures and provide day-to-day HR support to IRC Dar office and staff.
Act as a focal person for the HR teams in field and liaise with HRC for proper support and related HR documentation and procurement related to HR functions.
Responsible for national staff payroll production, inputting of budget codes, support on salary mapping, payroll back up and support on international staff payroll.
Maintain Dar staff, expat and SMT files, maintain confidentiality and professional ethics for all personnel paperwork, records and other issues.
Ensure a proper central filing & tracking system of documents as per IRC filling system.
Deal with statutory deductions and its remittance according to appropriate laws, includes submission to TRA [PAYE & Payroll levy], NSSF [employer & employee contribution] and any other deductions as per governing laws.
Ensure all Dar new staff have the social security registration and Bank account number and supervise the process by making sure that necessary application forms are completed/ filled for payroll process.
Support the HRC in compilation of monthly and weekly HR reports.
Human resource duties
- Assist the HR Coordinator and field HR team in processing and tracking National Staff employment contracts, job applications and other necessary recruitment documents including JDs, certificates and references.
- Ensure academic check is conducted for all new hire (starting with Jan 2018) and field new hire with relevant authorities. Ensure electronic filing of records and in PF. Support the HRC to sport check files in each sites to ensure relevant documents are filed.
- Deal with facilitating orientation of new staff on policies and procedures: including expat onboarding process at Dar office.
- Support the on Dar staff general staff issues, i.e. training needs, performance records and recruitment process: from advertising, short listing, interviewing and hiring as required and support field teams where requested.
- BVA operator for Dar HR related matters: develop a spending plan for these lines to ensure timely spending of the budget lines.
- Be responsible for the organization and filing of staff files and support the HRC in filling correspondence, drafting letters and other materials (e.g. memos) etc.
- Maintain smooth flow of information and communication in the office receiving and channeling all correspondence to the appropriate persons internally and externally in regard to HR
- Organize Dar staff meeting on monthly basis: coordinate minutes and production of action plans and monitoring implementation.
- Support HR Coordinator in performance management processes (90 day action plans, Probationary evaluations, interim and annual check ins including capacity building of all staff)
- Facilitate rolling out staff personnel policies, expat staff benefits and dissemination of policies as per IRC Way package
- Work closely with HR Coordinator to resolve all employee relations in field locations
- Through the Liaison Manager, support on IRC’s registrations related to HR with various government agencies/ministries are renewed in a timely manner including Association of Tanzania Employers.
- Monitor NGO calls, meetings, and workshops/forums on HR issues.
- Where requested, work with the supply chain and administration team to support the smooth running of administration at head office, including coordinating and adapting systems as required.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to IRC Head Office.
- Supporting administration and Business Networking in and Outside the Organization
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure time and efforts forms submitted by all Dar staff timely manner as part of payroll information including checking codes and filing
- Maintain Expat and Dar staff Leave Tracking and tracker shared with staff on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the personnel filing system for Dar national staff and all expats are properly maintained
- Management of leave plans for all Dar staff and expat staff.
- Responsible for Dar HR Monthly reports.
- Responsible for initial process for Dar staff on Workday for HRC approvals, ensure data is regularly updated into the system and produce monthly reports
- Produce Dar monthly HR reports, Quarterly Leave accrual report for expat staff, SMT and Dar staff
- Maintain Dar staff and SMT PME records including contracts, orientation, confirmation and retrieval of information for different analysis.
- Develop and update a recruitment tracker for Senior Staff recruitment, Dar staff and expat staff.
- Lead and ensure accurate and up todate HR records including personnel files and ensure proper filing system with relevant documents. Support the HRC to spot check PFs in field as per checklist established.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Administration or Business Administration, with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in similar position.
- Knowledge/Skills and experience on Payroll Administration
- High degree of flexibility, able to adapt to changing circumstances and situations and respond accordingly
- Excellent organizational skills and adherence to protocols
- Strong computer skills especially MS Word, Excel and outlook/email system/calendar.
- Should have team working spirit, excellent time management skills, flexible and ability to multi-task.
- Highly trustworthy and ability to maintain confidentiality is required
The post Job Opportunity at International Rescue Committee, Human Resource Officer appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.