Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Land Rights Research and Resources Institute (LARRRI/ HAKIARDHI) is a non-governmental, not for profit sharing and non partisan organization which was registered and incorporated under the Non-Governmental Organization Act of 2002 as amended in 2019 the Laws of Tanzania. The Institute was established in 1994, in recognition of the need to facilitate realization of a socially just and equitable national land tenure system that promotes and advances the rights to land of majority rural based small producers such as peasants, pastoralists, hunter-gatherers and related groups.This has been the focus of its vision, mission, objectives and programmatic interventions since the Institute was established to date.
The main objective of the Institute is to advance, promote and research into the land rights of small peasants, pastoralists and related groups with a view to provide information and knowledge, so as to facilitate equitable and socially just access to, ownership and control over land for production of food and realization of other basic needs.
The Institute is currently working on several programmes and project across the country.To enable smooth operationalization and coordination of these programmes HAKIARDHI seeks to recruit staff who will work with others to achieve the Institute objectives. Thus, the Institute invites suitable and competent candidates to apply for the position below:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1 Position)
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Institute;
- Identify programme based and holistic institutional indicators for tracking results of the various interventions;
- Develop periodic programme monitoring and evaluation procedures, frameworks and systems;
- Consolidate and maintain institutional database management system;
- Provide guidance and technical backstopping to programme staff on result tracking, report writing and reporting;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to programme management team;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system and develop indicators and monitoring strategy for the programme;
- Suggest strategies to the programme Management team for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of activities by identifying bottlenecks in completing programme activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation;
- Ensure all grants have updated work-plan and Performance Management Plan (PMPs) in line with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed;
- Provide alert to the respective programme officers on corrective actions required to avoid delays in implementation, including flagging operational issues and risks requiring timely actions;
- Review monthly progress reports from partners and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to the respective staff;
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age and disability are effectively addressed/mainstreamed in all project implementations as part of ensuring accountability.
Qualifications of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The minimum entry qualification for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is at least a bachelor degree in social science such as public administration, sociology, Human Resources Management, Geography and environment studies, community development and any other related disciplines from a reputable university or institute;
- A knowledge and skills in Monitoring and Evaluation attained from a credible college/ institution;
- At least 3 years working experiences in development projects or donor funded NGOs projects;
- Excellent skills in report writing, presentation and publications;
- Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of various database packages, qualitative, and quantitative skills;
- A knowledge on land matters in Tanzania context and beyond is an added value;
- Knowledge and experience in implementing land, natural resources and environmental programmes and projects;
- Experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations;
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages.
If you think that you meet the described requirements please;
- Write to us and send an application letter explaining in detail how you qualify;
- Your detailed Curriculum Vitae plus copies of relevant academic transcript and certificates; (i) A short statement on your experience related to Monitoring and Evaluation Officer;
- Your contact details (telephone, emails etc.).
Please forward your application by the close of business on 8th June 2020. Send your application through email@example.com.
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you will not be contacted by 10th June, 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Land Rights Research and Resources Institute
Kijitonyama, Sinza Mori,
P.O. Box 75885,
Dar es salaam, Tanzania,
The post Job Opportunity at LARRRI / HAKIARDHI, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.