Lyra in Africa Imarika Kijana Project – Project Officer Position
Lyra in Africa Organization (Lyra) is a registered Tanzanian Non-Governmental Organization based in Iringa, Tanzania. Lyra has received funding from the UK Department for International Development (DFID) for expansion of the Imarika Kijana Project (Youth Livelihoods Project) or IK Project. The IK Project will be implemented in partnership with RLabs (www.rlabs.co.tz) and Imarika Kijana (IK) youth trainers all based in rural parts of Iringa. More information about Lyra (www.lyrainafrica.or.tz).
As part of the program, Lyra seeks to recruit a dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized individual for a Project Officer position (1 Position) as part of the IK Program.
Direct Reporting Line:Project Coordinator
Location: Iringa region
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project data collection, verification and entry in database
- Carrying out baseline and endline surveys as per set milestones
- Monitoring of the Program implementation
- Community sensitization about the Project
- Community sensitization on Village Saving and Loans Associations (VSLAs)
- Supporting the IK Trainers and Community Based Trainers to form and strengthen VSLAs
- Preparing a list of businesses and firms in Iringa where beneficiaries can learn from
- Maintain records of all Project stakeholders
- Maintain records of meetings with stakeholders, beneficiaries and IK trainers
- Support Project Coordinator in the planning and delivery of the Program
Required Experience & Competence:
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to motivate, direct, and train people (mainly youth) and collaborate and interact with others effectively and productively.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Swahili and English.
- Commitment to excellence and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Adaptability in dealing with change, delays or unexpected events to ensure the general welfare of the Imarika Kijana program.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing the Village Savings and Loans Association Methodology will be an added advantage.
ICT: Basic knowledge and use of MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint for data entry, analysis and reporting
Communication: Ability to prepare eye-catching reports, with figures and references. Excellent presentation and networking skills. Fluent in both English & Swahili.
Preferred Education Qualification
Diploma or Bachelors’ Degree in Community Development, Rural Agricultural Development, Agriculture and Economics, Agriculture & Livestock Development, Education
Training in Monitoring & Evaluation will be an added advantage
Mode of Application:
Applicants are invited to submit their details through this link. https://forms.gle/kd6CKaf3FXqX61GB7
Applications should be sent not later than Sunday 7th June 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Lyra in an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The post Job Opportunity at Lyra in Africa, Project Officer appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.