Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at EngenderHealth Tanzaania 2020
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2020
Job Code: 1439
# of openings: 1
TITLE Team Leader
REPORTS TO Country Representative
DUTY STATION Dar es Salaam
CLASSIFICATION Open to local and international candidates
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth Tanzania is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates for the Team Leader Position on an anticipated GIZ funded project – Improving Healthcare in Tanzania. This 18 month project aims to improve the quality and quantity of health services in select regions of Tanzania. The project aims to improve the performance of selected health facilities with respect to reproductive health care services including emergency obstetric services and post-partum family planning services. The project will work at regional, district and health facility level in Mbeya and Tanga in the focal areas of new-born care, emergency obstetric and neonatal care and family planning. The project will establish comprehensive emergency obstetric and neonatal care services at selected health centres and district hospitals. The project will deploy proven capacity building approaches to embed skills and international best practices at multiple levels.
The Team Leader will be the principal representative of the project, providing overall leadership for the work of EngenderHealth and its partners and subcontractors. S/he will have responsibility for the overall management and operations of the GIZ contract, and will report to the designated GIZ point of contact for this project. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful and integrated project that builds upon existing GIZ investments, and that will achieve sustainable outcomes. The Team Leader will report directly to the EngenderHealth Tanzania Country Representative. This position is contingent upon award from GIZ.
- Ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with GIZ rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables to GIZ, including work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports and knowledge products as required.
- Manage project implementation and overall responsibility for all Work Packages as described by the contract
- Ensure high quality technical inputs into all Work Packages
- Ensuring the quality of the outputs and deliverables of the short-term experts
- Ensuring that all clinical training provided is in line with WHO as well as national standards and guidelines.
- Ensuring oversight of quality of the implementation of clinical training and mentoring and own participation as well as of managerial interventions
- Participation in and contribution to national technical working groups
- Contribution to knowledge management and ensuring smooth transfer of data and knowledge (documents, tools, training materials, posters) to GIZ responsible officer during and upon completion of the assignment
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level
- Strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the areas as described in the Work Packages
- Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality)
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
- Ensuring results monitoring is conducted
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- Maintaining contact to other implementing partners, development partners etc.
- Interact with all relevant government institutions and senior-level regional and sub-regional-level government officials on a regular basis.
- Manage the project team to ensure the efficient and cost-effective delivery of a high-quality programme that produces results.
- Lead regular management team meetings and project stakeholder meetings to discuss progress.
- Supervise and mentor staff and conduct regular staff appraisals.
- In collaboration with the Finance Manager, lead annual work planning and develop a costed work-plan for each year.
- University qualification in medicine and completed specialization in obstetrics/gynecology or general practitioner plus Master’s degree in public health or Master of Science Degree public health/health service related field
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in the health sector
- Specific professional experience: 5 years working as a clinician, 5 years of working on improving the quality of care with a focus on reproductive health, maternal or new-born care
- Leadership/management experience: 5 years of management/ leadership experience as project team leader on a health project
- Regional experience: 2 years of experience in projects in lower middle income countries
- Development cooperation experience: 5 years of experience in development cooperation projects
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with GIZ, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector.
- Language: C2 language skills in English and German
- Prior experience working with GIZ projects is preferred.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (if required).
Essential Soft Skills
- Able to achieve results in collaboration with own and other teams
- Ability to drive results with limited supervision
- People oriented
Interested individuals should visit the careers page at www.EngenderHealth.org and search job openings under the ‘Tanzania’ location to submit your details by 15 June 2020 with a CV (max four pages) and a cover letter (max one page).
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)