AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Consultant to Translate a guide to Gender Sensitive Community Engagement into Swahili Language (INT6593)
Consultant to Translate A guide to Gender Sensitive Community Engagement in Large Scale Land Based Investment in Agriculture into Swahili Language
Location: Tanzania – Dar-es-Salaam
Hours: As per agreement
Salary: As per agreement
Job Family: Programme
Job Type: Consultancy
Closing Date: 19 June 2020
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam in Tanzania envisions empowered citizens with reduced poverty, reduced inequality and injustice with especially women and young people having access to resources and a good quality of life. We want to see evidence of citizens being more aware of and demanding their rights to resources and essential services. We also want to see less policy incoherence and positive changes at national level (policy) and community level (practices, perceptions, ideas and beliefs).
The Role Oxfam Tanzania is looking for a consultant to translate the gender tool that will guide stakeholders, government and investors when working with community in land rights project
The selected candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in translation work or related field.
- Experience in working with local and international organisations and clients of similar discipline
- Proven experiences of successfully executing similar assignments
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Experience of effective interaction with Civil Society Organisations, Government departments, Local Government and marginalised communities in rural and urban areas
- Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to respect the confidentiality of such information while working with Oxfam and even after the contract ends
- Proven ability to work effectively with others – including in multicultural team – and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and commitment to meet deadlines
- Evidence of good quality publications translated
- Fluency in English and Swahili
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV detailing your experience for the post and include three referees, preferably your current line manager and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile, technical and financial proposals. at www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs. You are advised to use advert reference number INT6593 and job title above.
The closing date for applications is 19th June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Terms of Reference for Consultancy -.pdf (30.18 KB)
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
The post New Job Vacancy at Oxfam Tanzania – Consultant | Deadline: 19th June, 2020 appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.