Underground Diamond Driller
To ensure the safe and efficient operation of drill rigs in the day to
day operations, through the -provision of manual tasks inclusive of
monitoring & adherence to safety procedures, break down & setup
of drill rigs, packing & presentation of core for delivery to client
and any further tasks necessary.
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in
mechanised hard rockunderground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti
(Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second
largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in
hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across
Africa in Tanzania, Egypt,Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and
India. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and
exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our
success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We
seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and
dedicated to helping our clients. In return, we provide state of the art
facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your
application for the following positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guiding employees on best work practice by ensuring safe work
processes are Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and
instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and
protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations,
which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to
eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident
or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- At the start of shifts, meet with supervisors & cross shift to
discuss tasks that are requiredto be completed during the shift, noting
any equipment that may be need for the tasks to be performed, including
any and all PPE necessary.
- Provide guidance and training to allocated Offsider(s).
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Must Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- A minimum of 2 years underground drilling experience.
- Working knowledge of drill rig performance and capabilities,
including functions of controls, gauges, warning lamps and emergency
- Ability to operate drill rigs safely and understanding all drill rig
safety features (inclusive of any industry safety legislation.)
- Ability to organise and establish priorities, following up on
outstanding tasks and closing out any completed works/task where
- Must be physically fit with the capability of distributing heavy drill equipment, such as drill rods.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
- Completed secondary school
- Reading and Writing Skills
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to
AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email : email@example.com
Application letters should reach the above on or before 30th June 2020, 1800hr.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment is a Scam
The post New Jobs Geita Gold Mine, AUMS, Underground Diamond Driller appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.