Brand and Content Lead
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
In partnership with the Vodafone Foundation, Girl Effect has launched ‘Tujibebe’, a media brand for girls in Tanzania. Underpinned by a behaviour-change strategy around health-related behaviours, Tujibebe has a vibrant website, Facebook page, and IVR line. An exciting new radio drama is due to launch later this year, and we’re also partnering with existing networks of girl ambassadors and clubs to broaden the reach and impact of our products.
Girl Effect Tanzania is looking for an exceptional creative lead to oversee the development, delivery, promotion and distribution of all creative products for Tujibebe.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development and production of all content and campaigns on Tujibebe’s platforms, supported by Girl Effect’s global creative team and a local agency.
- Act as a passionate brand guardian and ambassador for Tujibebe, ensuring that wider country objectives integrate seamlessly with the brand and its products
- Work closely with the Tanzania country lead to support the delivery of the wider country and programme strategy through the Tujibebe brand
- Support the Tanzania country lead with communication to funding partners and major stakeholders
- Manage budgets and timelines for content development, marketing and distribution
- Manage all aspects of Girl Effect’s relationships with creative, production and broadcast partners
- Recruit and manage all local creative resource, including but not limited to writers, producers, designers, photographers, illustrators, creative agencies
- Lead and coordinate the review and sign off all content, ensuring alignment to brand values, partnership objectives and behaviour change strategies
- Copywriting for digital platforms and other promotional materials
- Lead content creation workshops and brand training as required for new team members and consultants
- Seek out new collaborators and partners that align with the brand, including youth partners and creative organisations
- Support the establishment of a new office, including establishing systems and processes to ensure smooth delivery, growth and sustainability of our in-country work
Who You Are
- You are an experienced creative professional with 10+ years experience in the creative industries
- You have experience bringing together and coordinating creative production partners, and of working directly with producers, writers, and other creatives
- You have a network of contacts in the Tanzanian creative community
- You have a deep understanding of and commitment to delivering work that can speak to young people in Tanzania
- You have experience building capacity in media/creative partners
- You’re financially literate and are confident in matters of budget development and oversight
- You’re driven and able to deliver against key timelines and deadlines, through prioritisation and organisation
- You enjoy taking the initiative and making decisions as part of a complex and varied workload
- You can demonstrate a commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
- You’re able to work with others at a distance and use systems for sharing information to support thi
- You’re confident at developing presentations and public speaking to be able to externally represent the work we do with passion and energy
- You’re a confident writer, able to draft copy for websites, social media, internal comms and external promotional materials in the right tone of voice
- You’re fluent in Kiswahili and English, with a high level in writing in both languages
- (Desirable) You have experience in delivering gender-aware or gender-sensitive programmes
- (Desirable) You have experience of behaviour change programming and the use of media to drive social and behavioural change
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Closing date for applications: 21st July 2020
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
The post Job Opportunity at Girl Effect, Brand and Content Lead – NAFASI ZA KAZI appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.