Maua Mazuri Moshi, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
The financial controller (further: FC) will support, implement and monitor systems the tracking and tracing of our company’s seedlimgs. Hundreds of thousands of seedlings will be moving from our lab, to our nursery and then to our clients. The tracking and tracing will be from a logistics and a financial point of view. The FC will work closely with and have the support of the rest of the financing team, but at any given moment will be entirely responsible for the whereabouts of hundreds and thousands of plant seedlings.
In order to succeed in this task, the FC must be highly skilled in accounting processes, and also be a good team member, as they will be working with the lab team, nursery and sales teams to track all of our stock.
Key activities & responsibilities
Below are described the main activities and responsibilities for the F&S position:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
Required Controller skills
The ideal candidate for the F&S Officer position has:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Is good in English and fluent in Swahili, in written and in verbal form, and has good communication and presentation skills;
- Is good in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Has an open mind and is eager to continuously learn and improve his/her professional skills;
- Is a good communicator and team player and fit to work as “spider in the web”;
- Is accurate and good in time management;
(Visited 1 times, 2 visits today)
The post Job Opportunity at Maua Mazuri, Financial Controller – NAFASI ZA KAZI appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.