Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi,
The Citizen and Mwanaspoti is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the position of:
Mechanical Engineer – 1 Post
To maintain the press and auxiliary equipment in the plant, install and commission new equipment and supervise service level providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key result areas:
- Uses Production maintenance software to plan weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly maintenance tasks.
- Ensures that all the tasks specified by the planner are carried out on due dates inaccordance with the approved procedures.
- Supervises service level providers to carry out proper maintenance on equipment when due.
- Attends to breakdowns promptly during production and solves problems within the shortest time possible.
- Counter checks the work assigned to Plant Technicians to ensure thoroughness.
- Recommends to the Production Manager the spare parts to be ordered.
- Ensures the safety and security of people and equipment through professional work ethics
- Service and repair Generator and Air compressors.
- Carries out monthly stock-take of mechanical spares.
- Develops and motivates shift staff and the (Mechanical) technical personnel to ensure continuity of efficient operation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Mechanical
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least 3 to 5 years working experience.
- Basic knowledge in printing.
- Working knowledge of personal computers (hardware/software)
- Able to cope with and work under pressure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://ift.tt/2TokQNm before July 15, 2020
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
The post Job Opportunity at Mwananchi Communications Limited, Mechanical Engineer appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.