Position: Head of Infrastructure Services
Location: Head Office NBC
Type: Full time
Job ID: R-15909328
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The Head of Infrastructure Services is responsible for the implementation and operations of all technology infrastructures which includes data center, network and server services, telephony, service monitoring, user support/help desk, workstation management, servers, storage and related software. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security for all IT systems and infrastructure.
Partnering with the Lead for Business Applications, this position will lead the Infrastructure teams with overall responsibility for technology infrastructure planning and deployment of technology for various projects.
The Head of Infrastructure Services will lead a team of skilled infrastructure experts with the accountability to operate, deliver and maintain a range of IT infrastructure services and their lifecycle. The role is instrumental to the completion of the infrastructure transformation roadmap. The successful candidate will deal with a dynamic business environment, as well as translating and shaping the specific local business needs to the significant solutions for the bank. This will involve the cross border business and collaboration between multiple teams working in different geographical locations. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of IT.
- Manage the operations and delivery of all IT infrastructure services (e.g. network, databases and servers, and data centre)
- Proactively support the transformation of core infrastructure to accommodate the new additional services that will be migrated to country.
- Ensure the evolution and innovation of the infrastructure supporting the business model according to technology roadmap, architecture guidelines and priorities
- Be responsible to steer cost control and improvement measures in a proactive manner
- Be responsible to make sure revenues and costs will meet the defined targets, will be managed transparently and will be reported to the controlling functions in a timely manner
- Provide leadership to the IS team and ensure the development of a high-performing team through embedding performance development and strengths based coaching.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience which includes 5 years work experience managing IT Infrastructure for the financial or telecommunication industry.
- Experience in delivering large projects (transformation projects) with multiple team including international teams
- Experience in leading multiple international and virtual teams; solid collaboration and negotiation skills to manage the complex interdependencies of multiple key stakeholders on local and group level
- Experience in IT service delivery management, lifecycle management of IT solutions for all services
- Possess a CCNA/CCPN/CCVP network qualification(s), and working experience with Linux. ITIL and Security certification will be added advantage.
- Experience in IT Network and Servers virtualization
- Experience in DR implementation (active standby)
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Business Improvement Orientation (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment at junior management level, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Operational administration (Meets all of the requirements), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Quality orientation (Meets all of the requirements)
Deadline: 21st July, 2020.