Director of Finance & Administration
Tracking Code 749-566
PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing diseases, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students, and increased the use of health and dietary practices, empower women, etc. In line with program objectives, growth and sustainability, PCI wishes to attract talent and professionals to help run the program.
The Director of Finance & Administration will ensure compliance with PCI policies and procedures in the management and operations of programs in Tanzania. S/he will also manage the financial resources to ensure availability, reasonableness, and effective utilization in the implementation of programs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the financial & Administration function of the organization including, effectively managing cash treasury and forecasts – review of cash tracking tool, request funds, projection of spending using appropriate tools.
- Supervise daily program financial operations, including cash flow management, timesheet records, financial reporting, and monitoring of budgets and expenditures
- Oversee bank operations – facilitate opening or closing bank accounts as needed, manage operations including signing authorities, review bank reconciliation.
- Ensure all transactions are accurately coded by expense code, activity code and cost center into ACCPAC including review and recording of IO entries.
- Coordinate month-end reconciliation of general ledger control accounts
- Oversee the preparation of the FOFR form each month to be sent to IO along with other information as per the monthly reporting checklist.
- Reconcile trend reports field v/s International Office to ensure match / in-line.
- Develop departmental work plans and oversee the development of individual work plans for Finance & Administration staff.
- Coordinate the establishment of mechanisms to document and disseminate existing and newly established systems to staff.
- Liaise with CFO and Regional Director of Finance to solicit, identify and engage a local auditor
- Prepare and share with country director and program staff on a monthly basis a report on budget v/s actual and actual v/s MDRT projections.
- Reconcile budgets with actual to the cash tracking tool. Generate and reconcile field Grant to Date report to cash tracking tool from IO.
- Provide supervision to Administration staff.
- Oversee preparation of monthly payroll including proper allocation of time from completed timesheets and LDS and other employee benefits.
- Oversee VAT application processes working with the finance team.
- Assist Country Director in strategic and operational plans and development.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders such as Banks, WCF, NSSF, Tanzania Revenue Authority, District Executive Directors, District Commissioners etc.
- Cover for Country Director during periods of absence
- Oversee the procurement function for PCI Tanzania for all the offices in-country.
- Support the senior management team to engage with key national stakeholders as necessary (e.g, Ministry of Education Science and Technology and the President’s Office Regional and Local Government)
- Work with the Country Director in program work planning, budgeting, performance management, risk management, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communication
- Implement and maintain systems (financial & administrative) and internal control. Ensure compliance of donor and statutory regulations.
- Review of budgets and projections in line of donor and IO requirements. Oversee and manage audits – IO and statutory.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, and or financial management (BCom, BSc, BAF, BA etc.). Candidates with a master’s degree is a plus (MBA, MSc, MA etc.).
- Professionally Qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA, or CMA) registered with the appropriate professional governing authority.
- 10 years management accounting experience, audit experience, dual reporting relationship experience, fluent written and spoken English, automated and integrated accounting packages experience.
- Experience leading large teams across multiple locations and managing program that achieve results, with a focus on adaptive management
- Experience working with USG funded projects (USAID, USDA, DOD) is an added advantage.
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports
- Demonstrated leadership skills, versatility, and integrity
The first review of candidates will happen after July 13th, 2020
PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only Successful Candidates will be contacted.
The post Job Opportunity at PCI, Director of Finance & Administration appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.