Head Procurement & Logistics
A leading mining and fertilizer manufacturing company based near Babati, Manyara region (opposite Tarangire National Park) in Tanzania is looking to hire a Head of Procurement and Logistics who will be responsible for the timely Procurement and delivery of quality goods and services and manage logistics at competitive prices.
- To coordinate procurement of all raw materials, spares, accessories and equipment both locally and from overseas and ensure factory operations are not affected at any given time due to non-availability of any items.
- To coordinate the import and export logistics and ensure timely logistics of trucks, clearing of cargo etc.
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company.
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers.
- Researches new products and services to meet company’s goals.
- Assesses total costs of company purchases.
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- 10 – 15 years proven working experience in a manufacturing industry.
- MBA degree with Procurement and logistics.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure
The post Job Opportunity at Shugulika Africa Limited, Head Procurement & Logistics appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.