Job Opportunity at Standard Chartered – Regional Product & Execution Lead API Banking – NAFASI ZA KAZI
Regional Product & Execution Lead API Banking – (2000009460)
Job: Institutional Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East
Employee Status: Permanent
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategic and Financial Performance
- Responsible for articulating the API strategy and execution for Africa based Markets
- Rollout of the APIs to ensure best-in-class digital products and solutions to target clients
- Manage API commercialization via reviewing of functional specification, support and participation in testing, conduct training and participation in RFP responses.
- Work closely with Group and regional coverage team to develop API roadmap and manage all aspects related activities
- Monitor the market trend and make recommendations to group/ regional teams to keep abreast of the client needs
- Interpret and align with regulatory requirements for electronic channels, closely work with Compliance and Technology in terms of internet security, sanction check and prevention of money laundering
- Ensure proper check and balance in place according to laid down departmental operation instruction (DOI) when applicable, Control Sample Testing (CST) plans to minimize operational risk
- Ensure adherence to Product Governance and Operational Risk Framework and all relevant policies and procedures
- Capture competitor intelligence and regulatory information and use it to develop or reinforce our competitive edge
- Provide leadership in the commercialization and utilization efforts of APIs
- Lead API roll out campaigns
- Drive and manage API performance by tracking utilisation and cross sell
- Fully complied with regulatory guidelines and regular self-assessment in electronic banking
- Product Management and Development
- Provide API solutioning support for complex deals or RFPs and sponsor them to conclusion across Cash, Trade, Securities Services and FM.
- Manage projects within the approved timeframe and budget
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products or new platforms as required.
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the channel capabilities needed to seize a share of them
- Act as the main conduit for championing to Central Product all investment cases (BRD or PAR) for channel development or enhancements and for local regulatory requirements
- Build and Commercialise the pipeline around API Banking
- Execute Data Strategy and use cases in alignment with the Central plan.
- Joint responsibility with Sales for developing, improving and leveraging senior client contacts within key local accounts with a primary focus on Transaction Banking products with a view to expand cross-sell.
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- Establish a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into Digital Banking with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys
- Ensure Country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting
- Maintain the product programmes and PPG/ CA database as per product governance guideline
- Act as a liaison with the local risk committees
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Digital Platforms team in assigned countries to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Customers (across the breadth of the portfolio)
- Regulators (if requested by relevant authority)
- Infrastructure providers
- Competitors (industry initiatives)
TB Sales, TB Heads, CB and CIB, Group Digital Channel and Data Analytics, Operations, CSG, CIO, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Relevant country committees
Corporate Affairs, Marketing, Audit
Digital Channel & Data Analytics Product Heads
Embed Group’s brand and values in assigned countries of responsibility
Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of transaction banking or digital experience in financial or other transaction-oriented industry.
- Previous project, product management and/or implementation experience in API. DLT and Third-party platforms experience will be a value addition.
- Some experience in strategic planning and execution in a matrix organization.
- Competency in market analysis, sales and revenue forecasting, project planning and management, promotion development, and executing general product strategies.
- Ability to understand the importance of relationship building both with internal and external customers.
- Effective and positive written and verbal communications especially when acting as a liaison between departments, internal employees/subordinates and clients.
- Ability to create and deliver effective oral and written presentations/proposals up to a senior level of management.
- Strong leadership and motivation capability,
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Comprehensive solution-oriented thinker when dealing with clients, team members, internal functional departments and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate matrix resources to attain organizational goals and influence without direct authority
- Strong project management skills including planning, documenting, communicating and delivering the end result on-time.
- Ability to demonstrable domain knowledge of current industry and mobile commerce and payment ecosystem trends.
- Experience in a position of broad collaboration, influence and communication in a large organization.
- Skills in meeting objectives through influence, inspiration, facilitation and team building or business degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Excellent teamwork skills preferably with experience of working in teams spread across boundaries.
- Client-facing experience
Qualifications – training, licenses, memberships and certifications
Post-secondary technical or business degree / MBA is a strong asset.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)