Manager: Wholesale Carrier Service
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Provides excellent knowledge and has responsibility for delivering end results that can demonstrate a clear business benefit. Identifies and delivers solutions and provides advice based on technical professional experience. Focusses on delivering activities and providing services across the function, in alignment with the strategy.
- Initiate/leverage relationships and negotiate agreements on bilateral wholesale voice (VOIP), SMS, MPLS capacity services with Telecom & carrier operators globally;
- Develop and maintain executive and strategic relationships based on Vodacom’s comprehensive suite of voice, SMS, and MPLS focused products
- Conducts proactive sales activities, including proactive needs assessment, applications development, solution proposal presentation, order negotiation and post-sales service requirements.
- Grow the wholesale voice, SMS and MPLS margin in agreed accounts’ portfolio and to achieve sales target as set by Vodacom;
- Develop and maintain structured account development plans and contract strategies;
- Ensure full adherence to pricing process, and proactively monitor inbound and outbound traffic to highlight any gaps against targets, streaming, irregular traffic patterns, and address accordingly;
- Manage customers’ portfolio to ensure a timely payment of services
- Manage Outgoing International portfolio, monitor and track performance of the portfolio
- Ensure International outgoing portfolio is competitive and profitable in comparison to the market
- Review Carrier contract for potential opportunities for revenue upside
- Assist in Execution of core products buckets
Qualifications & Exprience
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Finance, Technology or any other related field
- MBA in Marketing/Sales will be an added advantage
- 5+ years management experience in high transactional, fast paced, business-to-wholesale business sales environment such as telecommunications, wholesale voice industry;
- Must be able to initiate and establish executive/C-level rapport with telecom operators;
- Have a proven track record of delivering both tactical and strategic solutions to manage the bilateral relationship and selling into telecom operators worldwide;
- Preferable with previous experience working for or partnered with global telecom voice carriers;
- Ability to devise / negotiate complex deal structures across an array of products and services at large quantity/capacity;
- With the ability, attitude and energy to penetrate new markets while managing and growing a distributed traffic sales and support organization;
- Extended experience in participating at International Telecom Fairs (attended at least 5 International Telecom Fairs);
- Structured thinker; strong analytical and problem solving skills; knowledge in financial price modeling;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Tenacious / Persistent / Aggressive;
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Has accountability for the delivery of end results of own projects;
- Identifies trends, suggests improvements and ensures that the function adheres to the delivery of the agenda;
- Has a shared responsibility for the delivery of end results and contributes to planning, finances/budget and policy formulation;
- Has in depth understanding of the concepts, procedures and processes, expected outputs and objectives within own discipline / work area;
- Demonstrates strong communication and diplomacy skills to persuade and influence ;
- Uses best practice knowledge to provide thought leadership that supports the future capabilities for the function;
- Builds solid relations and works closely with related departments;
- May provide informal guidance to junior staff;
- Selling Business Outcomes
- Managing the Sales Cycle
- Commercial Acumen in the B2B Environment
- Customer Centricity
- Application of Vodafone Business Sales Tools
- B2B Product Knowledge and Proposition Delivery
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
The post Job Opportunity at Vodacom, Manager: Wholesale Carrier Service at Vodacom appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.