National Primary Education Adviser – Remote
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
To train, coach and mentor primary school teachers in Raise Income for School Education (RISE2) project on how to deliver participatory teaching methods and develop a number of support materials for class planning that the teachers can use. The volunteer will support teachers on how to develop teaching aids from locally available materials. If you feel that you can contribute to Teachers understand methods and develop teaching materials, this is your role!
Skills, Knowledge And Experience
Skills, qualifications and experience
At least 3 years’ of experience in teaching and education development.
Confident in training, communication and presentation with competences in coaching others.
Experience of working with Teachers and a keen interest in self progression and that of others.
Master’s degree or Post-Graduate or Degree in education,
- At least 3 years’ experience of school leadership or education management focused on improving language learning outcomes and strengthening school management
- Fluent English and Good written skills in English
- Capability to produce accurate, reflective reports with reference to qualitative and quantitative data.
- Key qualities of relationship-building, adaptability and resilience
- Building, adoptability and resilience.
- Ability to work sensitively within a socially strong cultural environment.
- Able to use own initiative and communicate confidently with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Desirable Criteria
- Experience in working in a developing country.
- Experience of in-service training.
- Previous experience of working in a multicultural setting.
- Effective communications skills (report writing, verbal).
- Ability to build capacity (coach/Mentor) of others
- A self-starter.
- Previous experience of working in an (I) NGO in a field probably in Education Projects.
- Previous experience of coaching and capacity building.
- Previous experience of working in a multi-cultural organization.
- Competencies and Behaviour
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)