Job Title: Tenda Teacher Training Coordinator
Job Description: Project Zawadi’s mission is to partner with
communities, schools, and teachers to -support quality education for
Tanzanian children and youth. Project Zawadi (PZ) is a small non-profit
organization that provides support via three programs: Student
Sponsorship, School Support (Model Schools), and Teacher Training (Tenda
Teachers).The Tenda Teachers Training Coordinator will be responsible
for supporting the Tenda Teacher Director and the Tenda Teachers
Professional Development Program.
The Tenda Teachers Professional Development program promotes active
teaching and learning techniques where students discuss what they are
learning, ask questions, apply their knowledge, and actively participate
in class. We offer intensive teacher training workshops locally for
teachers to learn and practice these skills. The program provides
teacher training using video lessons. The electronic platform will allow
teachers to access training almost anywhere and the plan is to make
these trainings available across the country.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of teacher training resources.
- Organizing, coordinate, and facilitate teacher training workshops
- Work in a range of schools and with colleagues to assist with the implementation of the Teacher Professional Development Program
- Conduct Learning Walks at participating schools
- Conduct teacher observations and record what is observed
- Inspect teachers’ and school records to monitor the program’s implementation
- Liaise with Head Teachers and provide them with support and encouragement
- Perform all duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications for the Job:A Bachelor’s degree in Education or
related field or experience teaching primary school in Tanzania.
Preference given to candidates with experience in: educational pedagogy,
teacher training and professional development, workshop facilitation,
curriculum development, public speaking, programmatic evaluation and the
curriculum and structure of the Tanzanian education system is a must.
Work is done primarily in and near Nyamuswa Village, Bunda District,
Mara Region but may require substantial travel in Tanzania.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili
· Ability to engage in clear and empathic communication
· Professional behavior with integrity and flexibility as job changes and grows
· Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage priorities for multiple projects
· Ability to work independently
· Coaching and mentoring skills
· Solid computer and social media skills with fluency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
To Apply: Send ONE email and up to two attachments (cover letter and CV) with the subject line “Tenda Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
In the cover letter explain why you want the job and describe your
salary history and requirements. Deadline to apply: July 10, 2020.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment is a Scam
The post Jobs Project Zawadi, Tenda Teacher Training Coordinator appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.