Public Relations and Marketing Officers – 2
BACKGROUND OF TADB-
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government
Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under
the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of
2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance)
Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building
strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value
To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s
development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited
to theTanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development
Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector
Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for
Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and
Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA); To build
on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium
and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’groups,
savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks,
commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in
lending to the agricultural sector;
To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a
view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely
with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture,
Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this
To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing
financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MARKETING OFFICERS – 2 Vacancies, DSM.
Nature and scope:
The jobholder reports to the Manager, Public Relations, Events and
Stakeholders Management. He / She is responsible for supporting the
provision of publicity services, maintenance of bank’s relationship with
stakeholders and maintenance of local media services for good public
relations and positive corporate image as well as marketing.
- Assist in developing and management of the bank’s relationship with
Business associates, Government Ministries/Departments/Agencies,
Embassies and the Public.
- To monitor local media, analyze and review news and business events
to inform management of significant developments and identify emerging
future issues that might impact on bank’s image.
- Assist in planning for, prepare and produce leaflets, brochures,
press releases, business leaflets and a website aimed at promoting the
bank’s products and image.
- To liaise with news media including issuance of press releases and responding to media inquiries concerning the bank.
- To coordinate advertising and promotion work for bank’s products and services.
- Support in organizing and arranging news conferences, press launches, exhibitions and trade fairs
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- University graduate in Public Relations, International Relations, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 1 -year relevant experience in reputable company or financial institution.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Computer and customer service skills.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity
employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career
development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Please note: applicants are required to apply to these roles by:
Filling in their personal details (include in your full name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address); o
Attaching an application/cover letter.
Attaching current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume with 3 referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach TADB not later than 4.00 pm on Thursday, 16 July 2020
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment is a Scam