Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at RTI International Tanzania 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Position: Surveillance and M&E Specialist
RTI International is seeking a Surveillance and M&E Specialist for a USAID-funded malaria surveillance and monitoring activity in Mainland Tanzania, the Okoa Maisha Dhibiti Malaria (OMDM) Activity.The purpose of this Activity is to—in collaboration with National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), in-country stakeholders and the U.S. Presidents Malaria Initiative (PMI)—strengthen surveillance, monitoring and vector control efforts in Mainland Tanzania, in alignment with the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) national malaria strategic plans and USAID priorities. The Surveillance and M&E Specialist will report to the S&M Director/Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), and s/he will be responsible to support the NMCP to implement surveillance, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of malaria data and systems in Mainland Tanzania.
Posted by Editorial Staff from AjiraLeo.com
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Surveillance and M&E Specialist will provide support to the malaria program in surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (S, M&E) systems in Mainland Tanzania, including supporting the development and managing the NMCP’s relevant performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets.
She/he will provide support to the NMCP’s SME Unit in the development of data collection tools to support routine monthly reporting and monitoring and evaluation activities, including support for DHIS2 and other systems used by the program.Assist in the design and implementation of NMCP activities to test new strategies and systems for malaria surveillance. She/he will support NMCP capacity building at central and peripheral levels through training and systems support in M&E and surveillance. She/he will support data management and analysis of routine and non-routine malaria data for programmatic use and dissemination. She/he will support preparation for and participation in relevant technical meetings, workshops, and technical working groups. She/he will provide regular update on implementation progress to OMDM’s leadership team. She/he will support the NMCP in their preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports to USAID and perform duties as assigned by OMDM and NMCP management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, statistics, psychology or a related field.
- Minimum of 9years’ experience in surveillance, monitoring, evaluation, surveillance, and research related to large-scale health development programs.
- Must have previous experience working in malaria programming in the field of surveillance and M&E in Tanzania.
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification
- Exceptional ability to analyze and triangulate multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on project implementation
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with public health surveillance, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, survey sampling methods, and establishment of S, M&E systems in developing country contexts.
- Demonstrated experience leading and building the capacity of M&E staff in a decentralized setting
- Demonstrated track record in disseminating programmatic and research outcomes and findings at national and international conferences, as well as in the published literature
- Strong knowledge of USAID M&E reporting procedures
- Must have strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications, Statistical packages (e.g. STATA) and QGIS
- Experience and familiarity with DHIS 2
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Tanzania
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 17th, 2020 by 05.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
RTI International is an equal opportunity employer.
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with
RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email email@example.com
(Visited 1 times, 2 visits today)