6 Job Opportunities at AMREF Health Africa, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officers – NAFASI ZA KAZI
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officers
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief(PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project isimplemented in Tangaand Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October2020 thisprojectwill extend its operationsto Simiyu Regioncovering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works-in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG).
That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following jobs vacancies bellow….
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (6)
Location: Tanga office (2), Bariadi Office (2), Maswa Office (1), Meatu Office (1)Reports to: M&E Coordinator and the Associate Director, Strategic Information
The M&E Officers will strengthen district and regional data management systems and reporting through providing oversights on data collection, processing, reporting, tools and systems availability. S/he will be responsible to assure data quality and adherent to standards tall supported facilities or community sites.
- Lead a team supporting timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to the program management team in a friendly format
- Collaborate with the project team to design and implement M&E systems to collect, manage and disseminate data by reporting progress towards the program objectives
- Ensure an improved Facility/community data management process including functional electronic systems to respond to the national and program requirement
- Regularly review completeness of paper-based tools and compare with electronic data entries to verify accuracy of data and make corrections as needed
- Track referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes
- Facilitate generation of queries and ensure data cleaning activities are conducted systematically, errors fixed on time and database updated
- Lead in training new outreach workers on data collection tools, including referrals, reporting and database
- Conduct regular data quality assessments and joint supportive supervision with CHMT team to ensure the highest degree of program data quality
- Develop all monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators for submission and review to central team
- Ensure all team members maintain security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data
- Involved in data reporting quarterly, semi-annually (SAPR) and annually (APR) and any other reports as necessary by GoT and Donor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in health informatics, monitoring and evaluation, statistics or related discipline
- At least 3 years of “hands on experience” as M&E officer position in HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Experience in working with HIV Community interventions will be an added advantage
- Strong data analysis, graphical data presentation, dissemination and report writing skills
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including DHIS, CTC2,CTC3 and DATIM
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Power point, and Access
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com
1.Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
2.“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” 3.
3. Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.