Business Team Leader
AccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation (World Bank), KfW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. ABT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
As one of the fastest-growing banks in Tanzania, we are offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our dynamic expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our Business Department as Business Team Leader.
Business Team Leader is responsible for driving business results and target fulfilment amongst his/her team members. (While never compromising the professional and ethical standards of the bank).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a weekly and monthly plan for direct marketing, disbursements, recovery, deposit raising (CASA) and compliance.
- Follow-up the performance Management and ensure 100% compliance with PIP guidelines
- Plan and conduct monitoring visits for analysed business and households for loan applicants and deposit
- Conduct a site visit for collateral pledged to verify its legal ownership, correctness and completeness. Establish a correct and reasonable collateral value based on the market situation and
- Conduct client spot checks on existing clients to ensure compliance with the Credit Procedure and to mitigate recovery actions
- Act as a Chairperson of the Micro Loans Credit and Recovery Committee within the limits set by the Credit Approval Matrix
- Coordinate the Branch Direct Marketing plan for all Relationship Officers
- Ensure critical analysis of the presented credit proposals, make suggestion for successful recovery actions and authorize and disburse loans within the limits set by the Credit Procedures
- Monitor and manage Relationship Officers portfolio’s to ensure they are complying thus repayment dates are monitored and adhered to, action on late repayments follow standard recovery procedures and proactively conduct pre and post monitoring visits to clients ensuring the clients ability to make repayments based on their financial and personal situations
- Report to the Branch Manager on daily portfolio development including but not limited to: overall team portfolio quality, overdue loans, client applications, analysis process, credit proposals, individual loans and portfolio
- Ensure Relationship Officers comply with all bank related policies, procedures, processes, guidelines and regulations to include but not limited to: Credit Policy and Procedures, Conditions of Employment, Employee Code of Conduct, General HR policies & Procedures and
- Set an example for Relationship Officers by taking responsibility for accessing and being aware of information, policy changes, regulation changes via email, morning meetings and/or bank memos via the Branch Notice Board
- Ensure an effective working relationship with all inter-department functions to include but not limited to: Business Department, Legal Department, Human Resources, Operational branch staff, IT, Internal controls & Risk Management
- Act as an on-the-job trainer and reference point to your team of Relationship Officers to correct non- performance, build team performance, and promote a culture of excellence
- Conduct performance appraisals for Loan Officers
- Provide support and trainings to Relationship Officers on all Credit related issues
- At all times ensure the needs of the clients are being addressed in a timely, professional and respectful manner
- At least first degree or equivalent qualification preferably in Banking and Finance
- Minimum 2 years of functional operational experience in the banking sector
- Diligent, self-committed, stable, objective, and rational personality
- Excellent supervisory and open communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, presentation, and oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Swahili (oral and written)
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications
- Proficient understanding of the laws and regulations of the Republic of Tanzania as it pertains to the environment in issuance of loans (e.g.Land Act, Banking and Financial Institutions Act, )
Applications can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, Head Office, Kijitonyama opposite Makumbusho village, Derm House P.O BOX 95068 DSM. DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter to HR Department not later than 08th August 2020.
AccessBank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employe
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
The post Job Opportunity at AccessBank, Business Team Leader – NAFASI ZA KAZI appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.