|ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ)|
in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at ActionAid
Tanzania (AATZ) 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) is a
development agency that is committed for social justice, gender equality
and ending poverty. It is an Associate member of the ActionAid
International (AAI) Federation which is a global justice organization
working to achieve social justice, gender equality and eradication of
The organization is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated person to fill in the following position below:
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
Job Title: Accountant
Workstation: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Head of Finance
The Accountant will be responsible for day to day general management
and administration of the organization’s finance & accounts
functions. The post holder works within the framework of International
and Local Financial Policies and Procedures manuals set by ActionAid
Global Secretariat (GS) and the ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) respectively
ensuring all ActionAid policies & procedures, donor regulations,
accounting standards and local laws are complied with at all times.
• Support to design and present for approval Forms and Templates (i.e.
financial expenditure tracking tools) and share them with staff and
• Make visits to Local Rights Programs (LRP), partners at
National level and LRP levels as per schedule agreed with the Line
Manager to ensure that all procedures being carried out are in
accordance with the relevant Policies anaw Procedures and review
progress of implementation against agreed work plans
financial information from LRP, implementing partners and for donor
funded project for accuracy, and completeness against set guidelines
before further transfer fund,
• Verify and input financial
information including income remittances, expenditures from the LRPs and
partners and other accountabilities into the SUN systems
reconciliations of subsidiary schedules/records, suspense sundry
debtors & creditors accounts ensuring no amounts are held unresolved
for undue periods of time
• Review payment requests and retirement
submitted to finance to ensure forms have been accurately filled and
accompanied by relevant supporting documents, correctly input into SUN
System and process payments.
• Ensure all online instructions/cheques are accompanied by relevant and : approved documents before signoff
• Carry out all bank transactions, submission of bank authority
letters, collection of bank statements, depositing receipts, and other
• Ensure timely preparation of AATZ and donor reports in respective required format and submission Finance Manager for review.
• Prepare and share budget variance reports for each budget unit and follow up for feedback including explanation of variance
• Monitor reporting deadlines and communicate them to all related staff to ensure reports are submitted on time
• Preparation of foreign exchange processing and related bank transfer instructions both local processing and GS related
• Track, update and ensure that all other funds remitted / transferred
in favor of the Country Paper are duly documented and posted into the
• Prepare and process necessary Budget information & data for LRPs, Projects, themes and functions at the Head Office.
• Ensure all period transactions are posted in the SUN system before period closure.
• Prepare for and attend to the needs of internal and external auditors
by way of participating in pre-audit meeting, prepare audit schedules
as per checklist made available and any other pertinent supporting
analysis and provide information requested by Auditors.
• Give guidance to staff in developing proposals and budgets that are realistic and meets all key donor requirements
Essential Skills & Ability:
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Demonstrated ability in organising and managing priorities
• Ability to respond and give feedback on issues
• Sense of confidentiality
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
• Basic Negotiation skill Basic people management skills
• Sound practical knowledge of SUN systems and spread sheet
• Computer literate and ability to use accounting systems, word processing, spread sheet, and, e-mail and Internet.
• Auditing awareness Planning, Budgeting and budgetary control
• Asset inventory management
• Payroll processing and management Procurement knowledge
• Financial records management & reporting.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance Commerce or Business
Administration or Financial Management with accounting option from a
recognized Institution or other related area Professional
qualification/Membership of a reputable
• Professional Accountancy body such as Local Accountancy body, ACCA, CPA is a major requirement
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in mainstream finance in a busy & reputable institution preferably in the NGO sector
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Job application procedure
NB: Applicant must have vehicle driving skills with a valid driving license
To apply, submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and
state your gross salary expectation per month and send to Head of Human
Resources Organizational Development & Support Service, through
E-mail: [email protected] ;
Closing date: 30th August 2020 at 14.00hrs. Please clearly indicate: “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Accountant” in your email subject.
all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual
merits. we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.