Asasi ya Uwezeshaji Tanzania – ASUTA working in partnership with FHI 360 on Epidemic Control (EpiC) which is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024.
ASUTA offer the following open vacancies below for interested candidate….
Job Title: Community Engagement Officer
- Coordinate, supervise and manage field interventions conducted by Community Based Health Service (CBHS) providers and report on deliverables. Also, s/he will play a liaison role between local community leadership, Municipal authority, Police Gender Desk and the Organisation on course of program implementation in various trainings, workshops and meetings.
- Mainstreaming and developing AGYWs at risk in accessing to education, reproductive health, HIV, HTC, GBV and entrepreneurship.
- Providing comprehensive campaign for behavioral change communication within communities at risk.
- Focusing on negative behaviors in communities which prevent young women participation in social changes, self-reliance and health services.
- Improving the performance of PEs at their local operation areas.
- Support daily PEs intervention and report,
- Monitoring of classes handled by PEs and provides necessary support.
- Collaborating with project manager to ensure smooth implementations of project activities.
- And other work as directed.
Job related experience and knowledge:
- Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Commerce (Marketing), community development and related field.
- 2 years’ experience in managing health programs in NGO setting planning, designing, supervising, reporting and evaluating healthcare programs
- Previous experience and understanding of Gender policies and women’ rights policies is preferred
- Experience of working in key population programs is an Added advantages
- Demonstrated ability in managing teams to achieve health results
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts and other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multicultural/behavioural groups
- Proven leadership skills as well as skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Willingness to work overtime for project success
Job Title: Data Manager
- To lead in maintaining and updating databases for care and treatment
- To assist and provide technical assistance to other project’s staffs within the district in collaboration with Program officers
- To implementation and evaluation of monitoring tools and data management
ensure that DQA is carried out quarterly according to DQA guidelines
and that recommendations following the site DQA visit are implemented
- To train and supervise data entry clerks to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine
- basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports
- To collaborate with other team members to prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program areas
- To develop and respond to queries related to data analysis
- To perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree on social works with certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS,data management or a related discipline.
- Advanced skills in computer programming and analytical software is an advantage
years relevant experience with MS Access application development and
use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing
protocols for data quality assurance will be an advantage.
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent in English & Kiswahili
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs is an advantage.
Job Title: Data Clerks
Data Clerk will be responsible for providing high quality data entry,
data management and quality control of data. S/he will also be
responsible for running outputs and cross-Checking with the original
data source to ensure accuracy, and running reports for ﬁeld teams. In
addition, the data Clerk will be responsible to assist the data manager
in conducting internal data quality assessments and developing data
quality improvement plans. The person in this position must be able to
work independently, be experienced in data management using databases,
and preferably be comfortable working in health facilities and rural
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
- Certificate in IT, records management, EMR, – Diploma or higher will be an added advantage.
- 2 – 3 years of experience working with data management
- Experience working with health data
- Experience working with service providers and client level data
- Experience of using DHIS2. MS Excel, MS Access. Epi-info, SPSS, and other types of Software will be an added advantage
- Evidence of ability to work co-operatively with others to meet tight deadlines
Job Title: Case Manager
Case manager will work under the technical guidance and supervision of
the Biomedical Technical Officer. S/he will be managing the clients from
the EpiC program, that require further follow up, in terms of
biomedical, behavioral and structural support. S/he will collaborate
with Biomedical Health Providers to ensure continuum of care of a
selected high risk Key and Vulnerable Population (KVP).
- Degree in nursing or social science or other relevant field
3 years of demonstrated experience with HIV prevention, care and
treatment program and particularly with KVP and /’ or clients‘ continuum
- Extensive knowledge of the local health systems from the national to the local levels
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with regional and district level counterparts
- Knowledge and experience in community-based teams’ management and supervision
- Proven leadership skills. as well as skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Ability to work with autonomy, responsibility and honesty
- Experience in preparing reports and technical documents
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in – English and Swahili
Job Title: Biomedical Technical Officer
Targeted HIV Testing: Support the sites to implement high-impact HIV testing strategies (Optimized PITC and Index Testing)
Viral Load (VL) And Suppression:
Support site-level HIV Viral Load Testing activities including
scheduling HVL testing; fill-out of HVL request forms; sample collection
and coordination sample transportation and VL results, including
updating of results in respective paper and electronic registers
Directly engage in site-level improvement of PLHIV Retention; including
tracking of ‘missapp’ and LTFU clients; proper categorization of PLHIV
(stable/unstable) as well as supporting clinical management in ART
adherence counselling; provision of TB preventive therapy (TPT).
Support site -level documentation of PLHIV tracking outcomes. Also
support data collection, appropriate documentation; and submission of
project reports including weekly; monthly; and quarterly data.
Coordination role: This will include –
- Identification of site-specific challenges and needs and communicating proposed actions to supervisor for action;
availability of site-level need of care and treatment tools and job
aides, including guidelines, SOPs, and other related documents;
- Facilitate site-level meetings, capacity-building visits and trainings;
with both technical and monitoring and evaluation staff to monitor and
evaluate contribution of trainings, support supervision and mentorship
activities to service delivery outcomes
Other duties: Perform other technical and operational tasks fitting project needs as communicated
Education and Experience
bachelor’s degree in Medicine or Public Health or related field with at
least 2 years’ HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment work experience (especially
within the context of direct service delivery, or quality
assurance/quality management. Improve retention of PLHIV on ART
- Relevant experience with PEPFAR-funded programs and current program strategy
- Experience in quality management and continuous improvement
- Ability to perform basic data analysis and use of computer applications
- Proactive, resourceful, results-oriented, can-do attitude
Key Performance Indicators:
- Proportion of allocated targets achieved (identification of new POS; ART enrolment – 95%
- Proportion of eligible clients on ART with a current viral load- 95%
- Proportion of PLHIV achieving viral suppression (<1000c/ml) – 90%
- Proportion of missed appointment and LTFU clients tracked within-period – 100%
- Proportion of PLHIV screened for TB in the last visit -95%
- Proportion of allocated targets achieved for TB/HIV co-infected patients started on ART – 95%
- Proportion of eligible PLHIV started on IPT- 65%
Method of Application
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV, passport size photo and cover letter (only) indicating position applied. Through our email address [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 20th September 2020. Each application should include at least three referees Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported TO TAKUKURU (PCCB) immediately.
The post 5 New Job Vacancies at ASUTA – Various Posts September, 2020 appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.