|Inventions Technologies Co. Ltd|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Job Vacancies at Inventions Technologies Co. Ltd, 2020
Squad: DevOps Engineer
Dar es salaam, Tanzania
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment within the allocated team, in iterative agile cycles, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome using various tools such as Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker and more. This role is responsible for build, test and maintain the infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development and release of software. The incumbent is responsible for providing software-related operations support, including managing level two and level three incident and problem management.
Key Accountabilities and Decision Ownership
· Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs.
· Handle code deployments in all environments
· Automate test, deployments and releases into development and production environments
· Develop and execute unit and integration tests; support testing against user and technical story acceptance tests
· Suggest improvements to user stories and UX
· Manage technical debt as part of daily activities
· Uses open source technologies and tools to automate specific use cases encountered within the project.Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
· DevOps culture, processes, and tools
· Agile and lean programming and development of software systems in Web-scale environments
· Manage CI and CD tools with team
· Backlog item estimation
· Unit, integration, smoke and static code analysis testing
· Architectural element testing e.g. APIs
· Automated testing and tools e.g. Selenium
· Code reviewing
· Software incident and problem management
· Must have knowledge of the following databases i.e. MariaDB, MySQL, MongoDB.
· Vast knowledge of Operating systems such as LINUX etc.
· Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
· Cloud-native architectures, including public cloud PaaS / IaaS, micro-services architectures, API
· Highly cross-functional and able to swap and perform adjacent roles at short notice
· Flexibility to deal with changing projects and priorities in a short space of time
· Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn new methods and processes
· Strong communications skills, with the ability to distil difficult technical concepts into simple and actionable modules
· Good understanding of the business capability / user journey, wider organizational goals, and desired product business outcomes.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
· 2 -3 years’ relevant experience of which a minimum of one year is in programming and/or systems analysis applying agile frameworks,infrastructure development, or development and operations
· Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in IT systems operations/administration
· Efficient coding, scripting and automation skills.