Location: NMB Head Office
The job holder is responsible for all the Bank’s fiscal operating results utilizing generally accepted accounting principles.
job holder will also be responsible for development and implementation
of a financial strategic plan that will maximize income, while
minimizing risks in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
- Counseling senior management and the board on fiscal control and
profitability; prepares, presents and interprets financial reports to
senior management and the Board; adheres to tax laws and regulatory
compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank.
- Work to protect the vital assets of the company, ensure compliance
with financial regulations, close the books correctly, and communicate
value and risk issues to investors and boards
- Operate an efficient and effective finance organization providing a
variety of services to the business such as financial planning and
analysis, treasury, tax, and other finance operations
- Strategic balance sheet and capital planning partly based on regular
dialogue with government and institutions like pension funds
- Take a leading role impacting the economic landscape of the country
through ongoing conversations with the relevant players in the field
including other leading financial and government institutions
- Reach the results by managing the departments Finance, Business and Data Analytics
- Develop and implement a financial plan for NMB, and ensure it is aligned with company strategy and approved by the Board
- Ensure execution of the financial plan is in accordance with
financial management requirements including forecasts and
- Ensure adherence to the regulatory requirements within the banking environment
- Develop NMB’s financial policies and procedures for recommendation to the Board
- Work with other departments in the bank to ensure maximum investment
returns are met with costs minimized, while managing investor relations
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements and report
- Ensure asset management policy and register are available, and up to date
- Work with internal audit to ensure audit processes are successfully executed.
Skills and Knowledge
- Impeccable integrity and strong work ethics.
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound understanding of the international framework related to risk
and compliance (BASEL II, III, IFRS 9, ICAP) and its application to a
specific organization, preferably a bank.
- Passion for strategic balance sheet and capital planning in the bank
including networking with the country’s leading individuals impacting
the economic landscape
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Intellectual Potential: thinking quickly and flexible
- Inspirational Leadership: getting people to follow you
- Influence: persuading and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Change Potential: driving and responding to change
- Execution: achieving results through others, leading team, peers etc.
- Collaboration: creating synergies through working in partnership, teamwork
- Direction: providing vision and direction
- Business Judgement: showing commercial acumen
- Competitive Edge: driving change and innovation
- Building talent: building capability for competitive advantage
- People Potential: adapting to complex and changing interpersonal demands
- Motivational Potential: adapting personal drive and focus to achieve in changing context
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Vision.
- Cash Management, Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance Competence.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business (e.g. MBA) or related field
gained from a recognized university or a Master’s degree in another area
combined with business certifications from reputable international
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in innovative financial services or telecoms with 5 years at senior management level
- Accounting certification e.g. CPA/ACCA/CIMA
- Post graduate qualifications in banking is an added advantage
- Proven track record in financial services, telecoms or a leading audit firm
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the
advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or
recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment
of a fee, please disregard it”.
Application Deadline: 15th September 2020